Chapter 3 - Well, This Was A Bloody Rollercoaster

*Felicity's P.O.V.*

Bright sun rays bursting through the curtains woke me up that morning. I groaned as I reluctantly sat up. It was too early for this shit. I rubbed my eyes and looked around. Evie seemed to have been the one to open the curtains and disturb my slumber. Unfortunately, I was in bed alone. I wouldn't be able to see Shawn until much later. After all, it was back luck for the groom to see the bride on their wedding day before the actual ceremony.

Oh shit.

I was getting married today.

That had only just sunk in. After only 3 months of planning, it was finally happening. I was marrying the love of my life today and to say I was excited would be an understatement.

Evie interrupted my inner monologue by handing me a cup of tea, "Morning, sunshine! Ready for the big day?" she grinned.

"As ready as I'll ever be," I took a small sip of the tea as it was still quite hot. I looked around the cute hotel room. Everything was ready for today. Hair curlers were plugged into a socket and sitting on a book so as to not burn the table. Possibly all of the makeup that Evie, Camila, Aaliyah and I owned was spread out on the counter and floor. Our dresses were in their bags and hanging in the wardrobe. My phone was fully charged and sitting on the bedside table. Everything was laid out in a perfect mess.

"She's still asleep by the way," Evie said while putting a tray of food for breakfast on my bed. Of course, she was referring to the other love of my life. My 3-month-old daughter, Scarlett. I had a bite of toast before peering into the cot. True to Evie's word, she was sleeping peacefully with her limbs spread out in different directions. I reached in to carefully pick her up and hold her in my arms. She awoke the second I picked her up and reached her tiny hands up to grab my hair.

"Hello, gorgeous," I cooed, which made her giggle. I carried on talking to her, knowing full well that she couldn't understand a word I was saying, "Mummy and Daddy are getting married today! You'll get to wear your pretty dress!" she gurgled at me, her large, dark eyes staring at my hair as she played with it.

"I'm going to get Camila and Aaliyah so we can start getting ready, OK?" Evie said as she grabbed her phone and opened the door.

I returned to the adult world for a second and nodded at her as she left. I fed Scarlett and myself while Evie was gone and I had just finished my breakfast when she returned.

"Here come the bridesmaids!" Camila said in a sing-song voice as she entered with a giggling Aaliyah. Scarlett squealed with delight at their entrance so I passed her to Camila for her to hold.

"How is the groom doing?" I asked.

Aaliyah, being his sister, was the one to answer, "He is stressing out slightly but Nash and Matt are trying to get him to calm down." I smiled at the thought of Shawn panicking in his room about today. About me. He loved me so much. And I loved him too. More than words could say.

"I wish he wouldn't. Everything about today could go wrong and it would still be one of the best days of my life," I sighed.

"That's all well and good but if anything goes wrong today, I will smack somebody," Evie huffed, sitting on a chair to turn on the hair curlers.

"Nothing is going to go wrong today, babe, because we will be here to save the day, OK?" Camila said as she sat on a chair opposite to her girlfriend, bouncing Scarlett up and down on her knee. 

Evie grinned at her and pecked her on the lips before checking the hair curlers again. She started to curl her hair and I grabbed my wedding dress from the wardrobe. I got changed in the bathroom, brushed my teeth, washed my face and all that shit. When I came back to the bedroom, Evie was halfway through curling her hair, Camila had started on her makeup, Aaliyah was sitting on the bed, on her phone and Scarlett was back in her cot, luckily not crying yet. Aaliyah saw me enter and immediately got up to tie up the dress. Once she had finished, I thank her and started on my own hair.