Chapter 4

Hey I hope people are still reading this..it’d be nice if I got a comment or two if you areJ no pressure..lol ok on with the chapter!

“Ella, Ella! Please wake up!” I vaguely heard a voice in the distance. It was filled with a desperate need and I guess that’s what made me respond to it. I couldn’t let the person who was so worried carry on being worried for no reason…wait, why were they worried? Also, who was it?

Gradually I came closer to waking. Was it my mom waking me for school? Was I really that late for her to be so worried? Still, it was strange. Hey! That wasn’t my moms voice; it wasn’t even a woman’s voice. Maybe it was my dad’s.

“Ella, shit!” I heard some panicked mumbling and realised that it wasn’t my dad’s voice either.

I felt something vaguely on my shoulders.  Then it moved up my neck, a very vulnerable spot.

My eyes whipped open and lashed out at the blurred figure before me, affectively ridding it’s fingers from my neck.

“What the fuck?” The guy in front of me blurted out while plunging backwards. My head spun rapidly, twirling the world around me. My head thumped like a drum and would not stop. I moaned and dropped my head forwards, needing to get the immobile pain out of my head. It just kept on coming, worse and worse.

“Oh sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you, Ella. Oh woah!” A pair of strong hands caught my head and placed it slowly, carefully on his shoulder. All of a sudden I thought hit me and I froze, all of a sudden immobile. My breath caught in my throat and I squeezed my eyes shut even tighter than before. All of what had happened had come back to me in a matter of seconds and I realised just who the figure was. Who he obviously was. Killian. Who else? He stroked my head gently, and talked in a calm voice.

I knew I couldn’t stay like this forever, no matter how much I wanted to. It was nice being so close to him, him being so nice to me, but I had to face reality, and the sooner, the better.

I let out a breath again and gulped in a big one, hoping it would give me some much needed strength. I blinked, thankful it wasn’t daylight, and lifted my head slowly, since it hurt with every inch it rose. My vision wasn’t blurry anymore. It was annoyingly clear. I knew I had to do it. I had to, but I avoided it for a moment, looking around, surveying my dark surroundings.

Bite the bullet, Ella, I found myself telling myself. You’ve got to face the music.

I swung my head round to face Killians’ and sucked in sharply, grasping my neck. Ouch, whiplash hurts. I squinted my eyes shut in pain, and then forced myself to breath normally again, even though I had injured myself a not normal amount of times that day in a perfectly safe place.

I opened my eyes and found myself lost in a sea of light blue eyes filled with concern. I know this is going to sound terribly cheesy but my fucking heart was trying desperately to leave my ribcage, and go in his direction. It just kept pulling and pulling, filling my throat with un-shed tears and making me look like a complete moron, I’m sure.

Gulping, I shook my head slowly, causing my thoughts and pain to rattle and jumble up inside. I just had to get back to reality.

“W-what just happened?” I asked slowly.

“Well, I came running after you, but I went the wrong way. When I finally realised that, I came down this path and found you lying on the ground and then I tried to wake you up but you lashed out at me and, well” A creep of a blush crept into his pale, lightly freckled cheeks. “You know the rest,” He gave me a brief smile.

I nodded slowly; I seemed to be doing everything slowly at the moment. Although who could blame me with my pounding head? God, I had to stop being such a baby! I attempted to stand up, but my legs felt weak and wobbly and the world spun again. I closed my eyes and breathed in deeply, trying to regain control. All of a sudden, I could stand quite well, and when I opened my eyes, the world was quite ordinarily still again, as it should be.  That’s when I realised the strong hand holding my arm and supporting my weight. I jerked suddenly, surprised by his touch. Surprised that I hadn’t even realised he’d taken hold of my arm (was I really that out of it?), but mostly that, well, he was touching me. I really shouldn’t have been surprised. I had my head on his shoulder only a few minutes ago!