These Are The Last Texts My Brother Sent Me Before He Went Missing

by chris2485 on Reddit via NoSleep

I had been napping the entire day when my phone began to chirp with text notifications. They were from my older brother, Tom. His texts are in italics and mine are in bold.

where u at

hello

Hey, where are you?

I sat up and texted him back.

laying on the couch

seriously, where u at

I'm in the living room, where are you

nice try asshole, I'm in the living room. seriously, get home whenever you can, something is weird.

I turned around on the couch and looked around. I wasn't sure what he was playing at. I figured I'd go along with the ruse just out of the fact I was bored as shit.

what's weird?

it's quiet, like freaky quiet. And where is Jasper?

I look over at the recliner and see our dachshund, Jasper, fast asleep.

are you trying to scare me? Jasper's sitting on recliner

wtf are you talking about? I'm sitting in the recliner right now

It was at this point I finally got freaked out. Well done bro, your seemingly lame ass prank got to me.

just stop already, I'm on the couch looking at the chair. where are you really? You at emily's?

I was, I left her place about an hour ago, this nasty rainstorm made the drive take forever.

I looked out the window, the sun was shining brightly.

what rainstorm?

the one that's going on outside. Its like Noah's Ark shit out there man. How you not seeing it?

I finally got bored enough with his prank and put my phone down. My phone continued to chirp with notifications. God he was desperate. I ignored his texts for a good 30 minutes until finally I picked my phone back up.

what the hell, my phone won't charge

I've tried every outlet in the house

nothing will turn on, did the power go out?

what the hell is that noise? It's like grinding metal?

hey, seriously, come home, I'm freaking the fuck out.

the rain will not stop, I can barely see outside

I keep getting a dial tone every time I call you

fuck my battery is down to 5% and it won't take a charge. The house phone is down too.

please come home. Seriously!

that noise is getting louder, please tell me you are doing it!

I texted mom and dad. They aren't answering me. They must be at the movies still.

okay, you win, I'm terrified. You win, you win, you win. Now get home please!!!!!!

CHRIS, FUCKING TEXT ME BACK!

These were the last texts I ever got from my brother. We filed a missing person's report the next day. The last person to see him was his girlfriend Emily. She said Tom was acting normal and nothing was unusual that day. A security camera at a gas station a few miles away caught him heading north towards our house. But we could never find his car. I've tried texting him, but no texts ever come back.

My mom and dad got texts from him too. They won't show me them. I don't know why.

Maybe I'll check...