Demons

I didn’t think it would end this way. My life, so short, was about to end.  The apocalypse happened, but not the way anyone thought it would. Instead of zombies like everyone thought, it was demons. They possessed innocent people and needed human blood to survive in our world. I think I would have liked zombies more. Demons are not as easily killed as zombies. To kill a demon you either have to kill the host or preform an exorcism to evacuate the spirit and set it a flame. The second option was the most difficult. The first way wasn’t easy either. Demons are fast, they could out run a high speed train. It was difficult to catch one let alone kill one. But back to the matter at hand. Right now I am running from two of them, down a dead end alley. The only weapon I have is a silver dagger, silver is the one metal that can kill a demon. I could hear their blood curling screams getting closer. I ran faster. My feet slapping against the wet pavement, my heart racing. I couldn’t out run them, I knew that. But I had to try. One of them flashed past me. I skidded to a stop before I ran into it. I looked up at what you could swear was a human, but its black eyes said different. It smiled at me, showing its vicious pointed teeth. I grabbed the dagger out of the case on my thigh, preparing to defend myself. It took a step closer to me. I threw the dagger at it. It hit him right in the chest and he fell to the ground. That’s when the second one took the opportunity to lunge at me. I screamed as it dug its teeth into my neck. It was no use. It was over.