Chapter 1

It was July now and while everyone was probably enjoying the first days of summer break, I was trying to carry my suitcase and bags which weighed a lot, and when I said a lot I meant a lot, upstairs.

Normally I stayed with my grandparents, who were busy touring the world at the moment and wouldn't be back until next summer, so I had no other choice but to move in with my aunt.

We didn't see each other that often but she was a nice woman. At least that's what my grandparents said.

And the reason why I was never mentioning my parents was because I didn't have any parents.

They passed away five years ago and since then no one ever dared talking about them.

That was good so because it'd just make my guilt grow bigger and I wasn't really ready for a break down. It took long enough to bring me back from my fragile state and I promised I would never let myself be engulfed by that darkness again. But sometimes it still felt like my whole world would crush down on me. Sometimes it felt like the darkness was calling me, waiting for me to fall right back into it and it took everything of me to not let it win. But I promised I wouldn't and I was still holding my promise although sometimes I was on the edge of breaking it.

Whatever. I was not the old me anymore and I doubted that I'd ever be the girl I was before the incident. I had changed. A lot. I learned from my mistakes and became stronger, I wasn't the little girl who'd cry over everything.

I was somehow broken but still strong. I was damaged but I still managed to pretend like I was living. And I was the girl whose life was fucked up.

But most importantly I was Bethany Jones.