Chapter 3

Katherine McNamara as Aria

Aria P.O.V

They needed to clean their cells. It was disgusting down here, mice and rat droppings covered most of the floor and there was a bucket in the corner to act as a toilet. There was a guard directly outside the cell and every time I moved he would try to bury me six-feet under with his eyes. They had refused to let me talk to the Beta, since the Alpha was away and I'm getting really tired of being down here. It's so dark that I'm pretty sure when (if) I get out I'll go blind from the light. I'll be like a vampire, deathly white from lack of sun, hissing and putting my arms up to hide from the sun. All I'll need is a cape, my canines extended and short hair and I'll be the image of Dracula. Sorry, I'm not usually this grouchy but I have mild claustrophobia and we, myself and my wolf, miss our mate.

Speaking of mate, I've still been unable to mindlink anyone which is quite annoying. I can just about feel Ben's emotions and he can feel mine but that's only because we're fully mated and I only have a few silver cuffs on my arms. I missed the base, with its paintings and projections that made it look as though it's not underground at all.

I can only imagine what the new girl must think about it. I only know about her because Ben told me about her right before we lost our mindlink apparently there's rumours that she's Drina's sister 'cause she has the same name as her but Drina saw her sister die, so that can't be true.

My thoughts are disrupted when the same guy who threw me down here appeared. He wasn't the Beta which I knew because the Alpha had called the Beta 'Beta Nathan' and this was not the guy that had responded to the call. I think this guy is the top warrior Xavier. Either way he unchained me but I didn't bother running for the door. Not only were there two guards standing in the doorway looking as though they were waiting for me to do exactly that but I needed to talk to the Alpha. He was on the Alpha Council, which was basically supposed to be a ruling system for werewolves. If I could get him on our side or at least get him to agree to come and meet some of our leaders then we could fight towards our ultimate goal with an important Alpha behind us! And no, our plan is not world domination, we aren't some evil villains in one of those highly predictable absolutely ridiculous movies. Our plan had a lot more meaning and was a lot more important. See our ultimate goal is-

"ROGUE!" Xavier (I think it's Xavier, I probably should have paid more attention when Sadie showed me the pictures of all of them) yelled at me, having apparently been trying to get my attention for the past few minutes.

I blinked at him, "yes, Xavier?" He and the others looked rather stunned and uneasy that I knew his name before he lent in and snarled at me.

"How do you know my name, rogue?"

I smiled sweetly at him, "Take me to your Alpha and I'll tell you." He snarled at me again but I simply stood there. I lived with six males with high hormone levels and five females with seriously high hormone levels, that spent half their time arguing with anyone who came near. One of them happened to be my seriously over-protective mate, so being snarled at was not really a new experience for me. Looking annoyed that the snarling didn't work to scare me into submission the guy huffed and, before I could so much as blink, threw me over his shoulder.

The other two fell into step behind him and we continued like that until we reached the pack house. Well, the cells were technically under the packhouse but the entrance was a tunnel away. The packhouse was standard. A large white mansion that could accommodate all of the family of the higher ups, Alpha, Beta, Gamma, and top warrior, as well as all of the unmated males and females over 18 and therefore old enough to find their mates. The house would usually also include a games room, a kitchen, omega's bedrooms, and a ballroom.