Chapter One

My name is Oliver Hemmings. I'm a junior in high school currently in my spring semester. Every morning I drive from my house to my school, Northwood High school. I get my keys and open the door to my 1970s blue barracuda. I put my key into the ignition. I turn the key and bring the car to life. As I'm driving to school I see so many people. People walking with bags in their hands as they head to their cars, as they head to the nearest bus stop, or begin their walk to their destination. I arrive to campus and find a parking spot surprisingly very quickly. I turn off the engine and get off the car, swinging my bag onto my back. Locking the car, I make my way to my locker. When I get to my locker I am greeted by a group of idiots, also known as my best friends.

"Sup guys"

"Hey," they all say in unison.

"Are you ready for the party this Saturday after the game?", Hunter asks as he takes a sip of water.

"Hell yeah" I respond.

We smile at each other knowing that we are going to win the last game of the season against East View High School. I close my locker. The school bell rings, telling us to start heading to class. We walk down the hallway. As we continue down the hall we each go our separate ways into our own classrooms waiting for the time pass so we can see each other again. I walk into my yearbook class and login to the computer. I open the last page I was working on for the school yearbook. I was working on the baseball page as part of our final submission pages.

I look at the team photo and right below it a photo of my friends and I. There are five of us in total, Aiden, Jackson, Luke, Hunter, and I. Aiden is 5'10". He has light brown hair and forest green eyes. He is a poet and the shortstop on the team. Jackson is 5'11". He has black hair and brown eyes. He plays the guitar and plays center field. Luke is 6'2". He has blonde hair with blue eyes. He is the pitcher on the team and can play the drums. Hunter is 6'0". He has brown wavy hair with hazel eyes. He is the catcher on the team and a fantastic chef in the kitchen. I have dark brown hair with grey eyes. I am the first baseman on the team. I am good with the camera and I can use photoshop pretty well too. We were not always together we meet sophomore year during the baseball conditioning session and just hit it off.

I was in a bad place when I started high school. I was always with my dad and our gang called, "The Freaks." I couldn't talk to a lot of people because I was paranoid that there would be members of another gang going to school with me. If they were part of another gang, I was afraid that they would figure of that I was the heir of one of the biggest gangs in town. If anyone finds out who I am I could be kidnapped, held hostage, or even killed. But I built a tight bond with the boys. They are probably one of the best things that I have.

- NOTE -

Hi guys! Here's the first chapter! In the second chapter, I will be writing about how the boys became friends at baseball conditioning and how they formed such a great bond with one another. See you next time for the next chapter!

Vote, leave a comment, let me know what you think!

Thank you for reading <3