At School

(Bold - wolf talking)

Kalum's POV

I wake up and look around, it looks like I am in the nurse's office and my head is pounding. I try to remember what happened but all I can remember is a fist. Right, a fist coming towards my face. Who dares to punch me, an Alpha?

"That would be our mate."

"What are you talking about, Loki? We don't have a mate."

"Yes, we do. And she just punched you."

"Why do you sound so happy about getting punched in the face."

"Because you deserved to be punched for rejecting my mate."

That's when flashes of memory came to me. The smell. Her eyes. Her words.

"Crap. I just rejected the future Alpha of the strongest wolf pack."

"Yes, You. Did."

"How come we didn't know that she was the Alpha. I thought she was a nerd."

"Well, you were wrong and it has just cost me, my mate!"

"Hey you don't need to yell, we do share the same headspace and she isn't your mate. She is our mate."

"No, she is my mate because you, stupid human, rejected her."

"I will get her back."

"What about your lifestyle? I thought you didn't want to give it up."

"Oh, I will still live the lifestyle I want but she doesn't need to know that. I mean how strong can a female Alpha be? She won't even know that I am just using her for her pack and status."

"You disgust me. How can I have you as my human? The goddess made a huge mistake with you."

"Yeah, well, I will have it all. That is just who I am and the way that I live."

Loki didn't say anything back and was quiet the rest of the day. But the whole school was talking about Vicktoria and how she was an Alpha and how I rejected her. I could hear the whispers behind me and felt the stare boring into my back. School was finally over.

Home sweet home. The place to get away from the noise of the school. Huh. I wish. My dad was at the door waiting for me with a murderous stare.

(D: Dad, K: Kalum)

D – Go to my office now.

K – I will but first I need to get out of these clothes

D – I said NOW!

K – Fine.

While walking to my dad's office I could hear someone sniffing in the lounge. I looked in and saw my mom sitting on the couch crying. Mom looked up to the ceiling and asked, "Goddess where did I go wrong with that boy? I thought I taught him the importance of having a mate. What should I do?"

I couldn't watch her be so depressed so I hurried to the disapproval of my father instead. Here comes the lecture of a lifetime.