Chapter one~ Adjusting

"If you liked this video make sure to give it a big ol' thumbs up!!! This is Alana and my best friend Alyssa and we will see you next week." I shut off the camera. "Why is there such thing of editing!?" I say with a groan. "Well editing makes videos look better." Alyssa said in her happy voice. "But Alyssa......!" "What?" she knew where I was going with this. "Fine! I'll do it" she said grabbing my camera. I would do it but I'm so tired from today. Today was the day I moved from a perfectly fine town in New Jersey to a little town in North Carolina. I didn't really wanna move here, but now that I'm here living with my best friend... I changed my mind. The only reason I moved here is because my mom had a baby and he's now 2. She would be yelling at me and my little sister all the time on how we have been acting up lately and that she couldn't handle it. I wouldn't blame her, because she was right. me and my 11 year old sister were slowly driving her insane. One day she posted on Facebook "Just another day in misery, does anyone want my kids? They're free!" she was joking but Alyssa's mom saw it and offered me to come up for a couple years and here I am. Alyssa's mom is the best! Alyssa and I were best friends when we were little, when we both lived in New Jersey. But about 4 years ago they moved down here for her dads job. Just about last year an app was created. That app is called vine. I downloaded it the week it came out. I didn't use it that much but 2 months after getting it I made a vine. In it I slapped my sister with my hand full of whipped cream yelling "Smack Wham!". People commented "Smack cam... that's clever!" but I didn't realize it was done before... But I realized that they thought I said Smack cam instead of smack wham. My followers got bigger and bigger until I was considered vine famous. I never thought of myself famous... Alyssa is also vine famous. She didn't make a vine and it become viral. See when Nash. Grier's followers grew Alyssa would appear in a vine of his every once and a while. This made her followers boost until she was 'vine famous''. Yes i know Ahhh Nash Grier. But before vine came out they were close friends, she would tell me how great he was all the time. She met him in class one day when she was considered new to the school. However, She never thought of him more then friends and same with him. Oh did I mention that Alyssa is 2 years older than me? well she is. She's the same age as Nash. "Hey check your YouTube account" Alyssa said excited. I went on noticing she posted the video. She was looking at me in a way that said to watch it. I clicked on it and watched it. "I have to admit you did a good job editing." I said to her to make her feel satisfied. She was good at editing though. Right before I shut my laptop off I read the caption "Truth or Dare with Alyssa Marie. She is the most amazing person ever exists. I'm so glad I'm with her so expect more videos of us together😉" I looked at her and she was already looking at me, giving me a evil smile.

"Who wants dinner?!?" Alyssa's mom yelled. We ran downstairs to see a greatly cooked steak on the table. Gosh was I happy to be here. "WE DOO!!" we ran downstairs and sat down excitedly. As we ate I was dozing off until Alyssa said something that defiantly got my attention "Hey can Nash come over Mom?" I do not want him over at all. Not that he's a bad guy I'm sure he's a great guy its just that... It's been a couple of years of me hanging with her. Yeah a couple visits here and there but that doesn't count. What if this 'Nash' took my spot in her life. What if he replaced me? Like yeah I have had lots of good friends but no one took her spot. "Not tonight honey" Her mom saying as sweet as possible. "But mom I want Alana to meet him!!!! But don't get ideas, your only 14" she said looking at me... ugh I hate when she says I'm 14. I mean i know I am but she acts like I'm her little baby. And also she takes extreme advantage over her mom. Her mom is so nice to her and so laid back. Like if I just complained like that to her in front of my friend I would've got slapped in front of her. "It's late and I'm sure Alana's too tired for any other visitors. This weekend will consist of no boys. Friends or more, this is a girls day. Mostly for you two but I'll be driving. And don't argue with that because God only knows the last time you guys had a all girls shopping day together." and Alyssa's mom was right. The last time we had a girls shopping day together was probably a good 7 years ago. "SHOPPING?!?" Alyssa screeched. How could I forget that Alyssa just loves shopping? Oops my bad. We finished up and went up to our room. "I really want you to meet Nash. He's a sweetheart and is excited to meet you." She said excitedly... "Well listen we need to talk." I decided to talk to her now about this. "Umm I am scared to meet N-N-Nash.." she gasped "oh don't be silly he is so nice and-" I cut her off.... "No it's because you guys have been friends for so long I've been worried that Nash took my spot in your life." she looked at me like I had four heads and counting, but then, she laughed. As hard as she could, actually. It kinda made me mad "What?!?" I said with an attitude. "You think Nash could replace, you? That's funny. You are my best friend, a thousand miles or not." That made me smile "Aww thanks. I just would never want to loose you" I said with relief. "Now can I talk to you that's really important to me?" She asked hopefully "Sure" a 5 second pause and then; "I like Nash, a lot. My feelings have gotten stronger and stronger... but I mean like we are such good friends" My mouth dropped "No way! AHHH (I yelled) well wait a bit before you show your feelings. I could do my magic and get some clues but on my own" I smirked. "YES!!! thanks your the best. I would talk more but i know you don't like talking about boys if your not involved or don't like them" She was true. i know I'm selfish. But no one wants to hear an other girl talk about her crush. There are girls who are desperate and need to listen, some girls who pretend they care, and me, who are straight out and tell you I don't give a crap. Within five minutes I passed out from that conversation... and it was only 10:00pm.

" WAKE UP ITS A SPECIAL DAYYYYYYYY" Alyssa yelled. I looked at the time '10:56am' UGGGH. "Your dad is going to kill you" she laughed. "Alana he's up already. As he got older he's waking up earlier" Her dad would get so mad if we were loud when we were little. "ugggh!"I got up and got ready. As we got to the mall Alyssa said. "What store do you wanna hit first?" my eyes lit up "Forever 21" She looked confused "What's that?" My mouth dropped. "That's it I'm driving myself back to New Jersey, good bye" She slammed the brakes. "Woe I was just kidding we will park in forever 21's parking lot now lol" I smiled the whole time we were shopping. not being self centered but the awesomeness of being pretty got me and Alyssa our shopping at target free. Lol I'm not that pretty! But people tell me I am all the time. After shopping we got home to Jake, Sarah,and Mike eating dinner. We joined them happily. We had Steak, Mashed potatoes, Stringed beans, and salad. It was sooo good! Oh btw Jake is Alyssa's 11 year old brother. I would call him cute but he's too much of a pain. Mike is Alyssa's dad and Sarah is her mom We got ready for school and went to bed