Chapter 1

I look at my cell phone and I see it's 6:30 in the morning.
-Shit. The alarm has not sounded. -I think aloud
Thank God I had packed my bags the night before and I had everything I needed to go, I just needed to take a shower, get ready, get dressed and get on the plane.
Yesterday I went out to dinner with Lily and my friends from Barcelona, ​​they wanted to convince me to go partying but I did not feel like it, besides I had to get up very early to catch the plane. I will miss them. I'm a bit afraid of how my relationship with my best friend will be now that I'll be so far away. We have already maintained this friendship at a distance but never so long and so far away, I do not want to lose it, for me it is my family, even more than my own blood.
I run down the stairs, trying not to end up in the hospital, to go to breakfast and I meet my mother.
-Good morning mom -I say in a sleepy voice
-Good morning darling, you should hurry or you will lose the plane -Make a loving smile and try to convey excitement but I know that she are sad and that she don't want me to go, although we had months preparing with all the mess of the student visa and the transfer to the USA .
I don't have time to think so I quickly take my coffee with milk and a lot of sugar and go upstairs to take a quick shower.
I have to be at the airport at 9, if it can be at 8 and there is an hour's drive.
I have decided not to dry my hair to go faster so I take the towel and attempt to remove moisture but failure. I take my makeup and put on some concealer and mascara. I don't want to makeup much, the journey is long and I know that I will end up removing it because my eyes will sting.
I take down the suitcases to the floor below, I see that I have left over 20 min, I go to the bathroom below to get a hairdryer to dry my hair. The last thing I want is to get to the United States with a cold or worse, with sinusitis. If my mother wasn't so sad because I'm going to study in the US, she would have been angry because I had my hair dripping all over the house.
When I finish with my hair, still wet from the tips, I look in the mirror and I'm glad I cleared my brown hair with blond highlights, I think I feel very good about the change.
I go up to put on my clothes, I don't know why I put my pajamas back on when I got out of the shower, I think I'm more nervous than I thought.
I wear my black basic underwear, leggings and a XXL military green color sweatshirt that is super warm on the inside, I want to go comfortably on a 16 hour trip with a 1 hour Paris CDG stopover. To finish I put my beloved vans and I'm ready to make the trip of my life.
While my mother is carrying the suitcases in the car, I'm going to say goodbye to Sasha and Coco, my two bitches, Sasha is a mixture of German shepherd and border collie. She has soft hair like the Border Collie and is the size of the breed but has short hair with inverted colors and the appearance of the German shepherd. Coco is a mixture of chihuahua and cinnamon-colored pincher. I make them some caresses and I hug them, I get in the car and we head for the airport.
A couple of months ago I get my driver's license and since I will not return until vacation I decide to drive myself.
Then I realize that this would be the last time I step on that house, and how much I wish it, it's the eleventh house where I live. Soon my mother is going to move to an apartment in the center of the city thanks to the success of her new company.
I hope that my life will be more stable from now on.
-Is here, sweetheart -says my mother.
I was so immersed in my thoughts that I had not realized that we had already arrived at the airport.
Between sobbings, kisses and hugs I say goodbye to my mother, when I thought I could run  to my new life begins to say:
-Remember to tell them that your English is not perfect, be careful, if something happens, call me and I will get a flight as soon as possible, don't drink or do anything wrong because I'm so far away. - Dries the tears from her eyes and gives me one last hug and I head to my terminal.
Although I have the First in English and my mother knows perfectly well that I do not drink, smoke and obviously do not take drugs, she emphasizes it to me every time I leave home.
I go directly to the flight panel. There is BCN - LAX.
Los Angeles, I can't believe I've even entered UCLA with my scholarship.
Although I've been planning this for six months, I still can not believe it.
I'm sorry to say goodbye to Barcelona, ​​it will always be my home, and even though I know I'll be back on vacation and the odds are that when I finish my Marketing career I will live here again, it will be four years the most part of the time away from home.
In spite of the melancholy that I feel at this moment, the emotion comes back to take over me and I feel excited by this new experience, definitely, I'm ready.
The New Era has begun.