Remembering Sunday - Phan

A/N: This is my attempt at Phanfic.tumblr.com's weekly Challenge (Literal Lyrics - where you have to intergrate the lyrics of a song into the fic in order)

the Lyrics are in italics, and the song is Remembering Sunday by All Time Low.

Also thank you to lucy for helping me write the end bit, you da best.

Dan drained the bottle in his hand and chucked it across the room, it hit the wall and shattered joining the vodka bottle from the night before in pieces on the floor. he lay on his bed and began to cry again. he drinks to forget but its not working the only thing on his mind is Phil. Phil, Phil, Phil. he gets up and tries to walk to the door stumbling and tripping on his way, he doesn't bother getting up he just lays there and slowly falls asleep.

When He woke up from dreaming it was dark and the stars were out. He grabbed his phone to check the time, its 2am but that doesn't matter anymore, he's seen his lock screen, its of him and Phil back when they first met, Dan starts crying again. hes fucked up so bad and all he wants is his Phil back, it's been two days now and hes sick of it. he gets up and put on his shoes not worrying about the state he's in. he started making his way past the streetlights and into the woods. Its 2 in the morning and he hasn't been sober for days.

Leaning now into the breeze, Remembering Sunday, he falls to his knees. They had breakfast together, Phil had made bacon and eggs and arranged two eggs and bacon on his plate in a smiley face. It was such a good day, they had just spent the day at Dan's house watching movies cuddled up on the couch eating popcorn and snacks but it was days like this that were Dan's favourite. just being able to be so close to Phil and feel his steady breathing on his chest, it was perfect, but perfect things don't last. Just as Wall-e was finishing Phil turned to me and kissed me before pulling away and saying those three words that ruined everything.

"I Love you"

Dan froze

Phil looked at him expectantly

After a few moments Phil started to tear up

"Dan I love you" Phil said his voice trembling as he tried not to cry

Dan stayed Silent

Phil got up and left the room crying, a few seconds later Dan heard the door slam.

Dan's brought back to reality by a Strong gust of wind blowing leaves into his face.

Memories are great but they don't last like the feeling of what he needs

He carries on making his was through the trees when he sees a bright light in the distance. Now this place seems familiar to him. He walked to the light house and started climbing the stairs remembering when he came up here with Phil. he pulled on his hand with a devilish grin, he led him upstairs, practically dragging him through the cold night air as he led him upstairs. When they had got to the top they looked out across the harbour, the view was stunning. the water glistened in the moonlight with boats silently bobbing up and down on the small waves. you could see the bridge from here as well, all lit up cars passing over it with their lights flashing and horns beeping. the tooting could only be faintly heard from where they were. they looked up at the clear night sky, dotted with stars twinkling everywhere. Phil pointed out constellations and told Dan all about the stars. Dan never really thought much of the stars but now he does, he thinks they're beautiful in every single way. Phil grabbed Dan's hand and they stared at the bright lights of the city and the twinkling of the stars. Dan felt like it was them against the world. Phil turned to him and kissed him capturing Dan in the moment before running away. Dan turned around to see Phil in the room with the light in it looked at Dan through the glass. He walked over to the door and tried to open it, it was locked. Phil stuck his tongue out at Dan though the glass holding the door shut Left him dying to get in.