part6-long

Mitch’s point of view:

I am sitting in a chair when I heard a knock on the door. As I walk to answer it I think about how Adam killed himself nearly a month ago. I bit my lip and unlock the door. I swing it wide to see a man standing there. He looks 20 with horribly matted brown hair. He is one of the thinnest people I have ever seen, it’s as if he hasn’t eaten in years. Countless scars mark his pale face, one so fresh it is still bleeding. He has clothes similar to Adam’s on, one thing is missing though. His amulet. I know a lot of people can wear clothes like Adam’s so I don’t think about it too much. His eyes gleam with tears and he sniffs a bit.

“Mitch?” he asks me. I nod.

“Who are you? If you need a place to stay for a while we have never turned anyone down.” I say. Suddenly he looks depressed.

“y-you don’t recognize me?!” he whimpers. I nod reluctantly. Who is this guy? I wonder.

“I-it’s me... It’s me Adam!” he shouts at me. Then I punch him square in the face.

“Don’t you dare joke like that! I don’t know who the heck you are but leave now!!” I yell at the man now lying on the ground. He looks at me with such a pained look I want to cry.

“I would never lie to you Mitch. Please! I missed you, Jerome, Ian, Quinten, Jason, heck I even missed ty!” he cries. Still unsure I help him up and practically carry him inside. His legs are so weak, maybe this guy is starving. I set him on the couch and ask his name again. Maybe he won’t lie this time.

“I told you! I’m Adam!” he says starting to sob. I stare sadly at him and feel like a heartless monster. I’m lucky no one else is home. I bend down and hug him.

“If you are Adam, tell me. Why did Adam jump off a cliff?” I ask him.

“Because I thought ty wouldn’t remember me. That he wouldn’t care for me ever again.” He whispers. I hug him tightly and say:

“Adam! I missed you, so did everyone!” he smiles and says:

“I figured.” Then we break away from each other. Maybe an hour later everyone comes home, except ty. A lot of explaining goes into his story and at the end everyone is staring at him.

“So, you haven’t eaten in a month?” Jason asks. Adam nods and everyone leaps up to get him food and water. I sit with him waiting for ty. He gets home another hour later. He sees Adam and starts balling his eyes out as he rushes forward. He reaches out to hug Adam but Adam jumps back, knocking the couch over. Ty looks confused at him as he lies on the ground.

“Please Ty; I’m sorry I ate without permission. Please just don’t whip me again.” He cries, half screaming. Both me and Ty exchange worried looks.

“Adam what do you mean? Ty would never hurt you.” I say as I gently place a hand on his side.

He whimpers and said:

“Ty said he had an even better whip at home. One with blades.” He sobs. Ty kneels beside Adam and strokes his hair.

“Adam. I haven’t seen you in a month. How could I have whipped you?!” ty asks him. Adam uncoils a bit and whimpers as he does.

“Then who looks just like you and is cruel?!” Adam snaps at him. He instantly recoils, as if Ty will strike him.

“Enderlox.” He murmurs.

“HE DIDN’T HAVE WINGS OR A TAIL AND HIS EYES WERE THE SAME! IT WAS YOU!!” Adam screams. Then he hides his face in his hands and says: