Chapter 1

Y/n's POV

Ah, move in day is finally over! I thought as I lay on my bed exhausted . It had a f/c duvet and pillow set, which were oddly comfy for how cheap they were. Under neath my bunk was my desk. It look boring for now, I had a few decorations above it and my books for my classes along with sketch books neatly organised on top. My side was very plain right now in comparison to my roommate. My roommate was a girl named Eliza. Her side was very cluttered with cute, little ornaments and decorations. I'll admit it did look nice. She has pictures of her and her boyfriend and her sisters pegged onto a string which hung above her bed, a decoration we both went with, although mine obviously had different pictures. ANYWAYS.
Eliza came back from the bathroom our dorm floor shared with a smile. "Hey y/n! Do you want to come out for lunch with me and my boyfriend! He's bringing his friend and he doesn't want to be a third wheel!" She giggled with a smile, her smile was adorable. "Sure." I sighed with a small laugh and added, "Although you can't be too flirty with Alexander or I may leave" Eliza agreed and gave me the other mans instagram. According to her she thinks "he'd be just my type" to quote her. So I decided to take a look at this man names John Lauren's.
Holy shit
That was my first thought as I opened his Instagram. He had dark brown - almost black - hair that flowed to his shoulders, with hazel eyes and the cutest freckles that covered his face! Eliza knows me too well already. I smiled, blushing almost. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Eliza smirking, "I think you will hit it off with him. Alex already gave him your Instagram." Before I could reply I got a notification.
@jlaurens_01 requested to follow you

I always kept a private account, so, I pressed accept, hoping this cute man wouldn't be revolted at how bad I looked. I never thought I looked great but Eliza and my few close friends say I look cute. So maybe he won't think I'm that bad...

Laurens POV

Almost as soon as I requested to follow this mysterious lady, she accepted. According to Alexander (my roommate) she is quite the looker. Damn. I thought. He wasn't wrong.
She had h/l h/c that flowed nicely with captivating e/c eyes that I could get lost in. I blushed a bright red, Alexander, I could see, was smiling. I believe him and Eliza we're trying to set us up...

The following day

Your POV

I pondered over to my wardrobe and picked out my outfit for the day. I wanted to be comfy yet look good for John...
I picked out a white cropped hoodie, black ripped jeans and some black converse. I'd wear my hair up in a pony tail (or down if you have short hair, it doesn't matter really).

At lunch

I met up with Eliza as she had a class before lunch, so we could walk together. It wasn't long before she saw Alexander outside the cafe and ran up to hug him.  I awkwardly put my hand out to shake johns hand "y/n" I stated, Internally blushing. He was so much cuter in person. I added quickly "Although I guess you already know about me from Instagram." He laughed, with the most adorable smile replied "I can say the same to you, although I will say you're cuter in person."
Did he just?!
No.
Uh
You blushed. He didn't just say that did he?
Quickly Alexander spoke, "Laurens you're not bringing the turtle in right?" I was confused until I looked at the mans hand to see a small turtle. " I love turtles, I think he should bring it in." I smiled. It was nearly as cute as him.

You all sat at a window seat that over looked the beach, it was a gorgeous view. You and John sat on the same side, awkwardly watching Eliza and Alex cuddle. While waiting for food John spoke to you - so there wasn't an awkward silence as the other so flirted, "I have more turtles at my dorm if you'd like to see them one day.." he suggested shyly. I smiled happily, "Seems like a back up plan incase they get any more physical." I joked, making him laugh.

That night

Lunch ended up not being as bad as you though. You got johns number and had been texting him a lot since you got back to your dorm.
"So, you like him?" Eliza asked with a smirk.
"He's cute, I'll admit..." I blushed at the thought of him, is love at first sight possible? Surely not..

Almost on cue, he messaged you.

John: hey! I'm going to the park tomorrow to relax, I need fresh air 😅. I was wondering if you'd like to come. :)

Y/n: of course! I need more fresh air too! Ahha. 1pm?

John: ok! I'll see you then.

It's late.. I should sleep if I want to see him tomorrow. You thought. It was already 11:50pm.

Y/n: I'll sleep early for once so I actually wake up aha! :) night x

He replied back. I didn't expect him to.

John: Sleep is important! Night x

It's a small friendly kiss at the end of a text, not a big deal right?

————————

I hoped you liked the first chapter of my story! It's kinda uneventful but I don't want it to be a story where they ask each other out in two days. But I'm going to update as often as possible! So you won't have to wait long between chapters! <3