December 7, 2013

I'm sure you guys are hella mad it took me so long to upload but after my place burned down I had way too many things to take care of. Sorry about the wait. I'll upload bits and pieces to keep interest in the story alive. I made slight changes to the earlier chapters so feel free to refresh your memory. Also, thanks to those who stuck around <3

=============

Chapter 3: December 7, 2013

"What exactly is it you want me to do, Marie? Make a life changing decision within an hour?"

"I can't even believe you're considering letting an opportunity like this go. I mean, who in their right mind would turn down such an incredible offer for the sake of their relationship?"

"Maybe someone who is very much in love. Which, as you seem to be implying, is a dumb thing to do?"

"Riley, no. I don't think it's dumb I just think you need to seriously weigh your options here. You've wanted to pursue art your whole life and you've only known me for almost 3 years."

"Yeah, 2 in which I've called you my girlfriend."

"Either way I just..."

"And some future years in which I'd like to call you my wife."

Sometimes Riley says things that just leave me speechless. This time, I think I'm in physical shock. "Um ... wife?"

"Yeah, Marie. I don't know. I just don't wanna go and run off when I have this thing in the back of my head telling me you're the one. If I leave, where the hell would that leave us?"

I hope she isn't taking my silence as a sign of fear or disgust. I'm literally just overwhelmed with surprise and have no words to say about it.

"So I guess you'd rather watch me go than have me stay, yeah?"

"No! No, that's not it at all."

"Then what is it? Why are you so willing to watch me disappear?"

"I don't want you to throw away the future you've always dreamed of just to be with me. And it's not like you moving away is the end of us. People do long distance relationships all the time! I'm not planning on leaving you or pushing away. I just want you to be who you strive to be, not who you settle to be." The look on her face is a combination between understanding and pain.

"I don't wanna be without you. But I guess I have some thinking to do. By the way, nice job of avoiding the marriage subject."

"Riley..." and of course she walks off before I can say anything else. I'm gonna have to do major damage control tonight. Riley and I have never fought before so this experience is gonna be one to remember.

=============

Pay close attention to the dates!

Song - Ecstasy by XXXTentacion ft. Noah Cyrus