「Like Father Like Son」

"I-I apologize for my troubles sir.." Timber spoke softly, watching the male, waiting for whatever he had to say.

"Think nothing of it," he said, shaking his head as he returned his gaze to the fellow male. "Nothing like this has ever happened. I'm just concerned about what the future holds."

"You're not the only one." Sighed the male, looking the elder in the eye.

"I have a question." The younger male mumbled slightly. "Hmm?" Claude asked, pulling up a stool on the other side of the counter and sitting himself down. "Do...do you still see me as your son? Like..when Trancy was alive?" Timber asked, his cheeks having a somewhat slight, but not nearly noticeable tent to his cheeks. "You will always remain that to me, Timber;" he said, gently looking at the boy. "Raven comes from my blood, we are of the same line. My loyalty shall never change for someone of your skills.

"Really?" The younger showed slight compassion, a sly smile actually taking form upon his lips. "Thank you, I appreciate it." "Don't let it go to your head," Claude smirked, shaking his head. "I'm still your superior for a-""-Yeah I know." The male nodded softly. "Is there anything I can do?" "You could make her meal?" Claude said, eyeing the forgotten ingredients. "I'll prepare these disgusting excuses for a meal to make them more appealing." He stated, eyeing the souls. Timber nodded, standing only to bow. "Yes sir." His voice was soft, moving swiftly to prepare the female's meal.

"Will uh.." Timber came to a blank; he didn't know what to call Raven anymore. "Is it alright that I still call her Raven?" Timber asked, his head turning to the other male.
"Why wouldn't it be?" Claude retorted, moving the tray closer to where he now stood. "I'm still Claude to you."

"It's just because technically...she's my mistress now.." Timber spoke softly, a bit embarrassed.
The movements froze as Claude registered what the other was saying. Slender fingers turned pale as they grasped firmly against the edge of the counter. Emotions of confusion and intrigue mixed around in his mind like a cocktail, producing a final product of silent shock. He turned on his heel to Timber, suddenly grasping the collar of his shirt and pushing him harshly and roughly against the wall of the room.
"Repeat yourself," came the slow and calculated voice, devoid of emotion. "Now."

Timber's eyes widened almost as soon as they shut again; trying his best to think of the best way to respect the man. By the time the immense movement stopped, his eyes, sadly, reached his. It was a nothing but horridness to the younger demon; a true sight he never wanted to see...well, be on the wrong end of it at least.
"I had previously stated how I was ordered by our father to be the sole protector of your child." Timber stated just as coldly, fear only within his eyes as he stood completely still. "So, I asked, what shall I call your daughter?" He spoke with the same tone, his face as plain as..well, the usual. "I would suggest refraining from such titles if you wish to keep your own," he snipped back at the man, cutting him off from speaking anymore after he finished his last sentence. Claude's grasp remained firm on the fabric separating the two of them. The demon was more conflicted than enraged at this point, needing time to process and sort this entire situation out before making any sort of rash decisions. Shaking his head as he continued to think, he slammed Timber back against the wall one more time for good measure. The animosity had left his body and was now replaced with something neither of the males seemed to be able to describe.

Timber gulped slightly before nodding rather frantically. "Yes sir." Timber whispered, finally breaking what seemed to be the never ending gaze. "Should I continue the food..?" Timber asked, his vision now averted towards where the kitchen was. He continued his newfound vow of silence towards the boy. Releasing his grasp on him and allowing him to move were the only sounds that pierced through that silence. Claude's eyes still seemed to follow every move Timber made, a cold and calculating gaze that was made more powerful by his lack of speech. Merely gesturing towards the food and stepping back now, the elder demon watched.

Timber sighed slightly, shaking his head somewhat as he directed his movements towards the food.
Standing before the slab of beef, he looked down at it before allowing his body to relieve another sigh. Everything, everything was going wrong. He lost Arianna, his brothers, and now Claude. No matter what happened, it seemed everything was merely out of his control. So, he began chopping the meat into 3 steaks to be saved for later, then moving onto chopping the carrots. Claude knew the hardships that the other had gone through in order to get to this point. The thoughts of images of those ordeals flickered in his mind, wavering like the flame of a dimly burning candle. Crossing arms against his chest, the man pondered how to deal with the situation. It wasn't going to be a simple solution like most of the problems he had been faced with. Was it his own pride that was being called into question here? He was actually somehow amused by that notion. It had been such a long time since that had ever reared its unnecessarily complicated head.
"She likes it a little underdone," came his next comment, referring to the meat that the other was preparing. "A... proper butler must know what his Mistress enjoys."
"R..right.." Timber retorted, nodding slightly as he kept his eyes glued to the food. "You are indeed correct, as always." Timber smiled slightly, trying his best to not replay everything that had happened within his brain. "Does this cut look alright for her?" The younger demon asked, moving aside as he finally looked up and the elder. He wanted everything to be perfect, for he wanted no flaws this time around.