Pa' Mi

Daybreak.

The light shined through the half- closed blinds. The light was faint, but still enough to disturb Zabdiel de Jesus' slumber. He was a heavy sleeper. It was a trait he was known for and it always made him chuckle when people would bring it up. But honestly, to anyone who lived the life he did, sleep was a privilege.

The alarm on his phone wasn't set to go off for another 15 minutes, but he figured since he was already awake and the sun was bright in his face, he would get a headstart on the day. Today was going to be busy. Early rehearsal, two press conferences, and a photoshoot for Rolling Stone. Life of a star, he always said.

Zabdiel sat up, rubbed his face, and as he yawned, stretched his arms overhead, feeling it all the way down his back and neck, which signaled a night well slept. He reached down beside him where he expected to feel his wife, Isabella, next to him still sleeping. When he reached down, all he felt were bare sheets. Odd. He knew how much she liked her sleep, especially on a Saturday. Despite his confusion, he yawned once more, got out of bed, and searched for his pants that were carelessly tossed across the room last night.

Zabdiel immediately grabbed his phone and walked to his and Bella's bathroom door, which was unlocked. She wasn't there. He walked out of the bedroom calling her name..."¿Dónde estás, cariño? It was early. He was a little worried if he was honest. He couldn't see her, but when he crossed the hallway into the kitchen, he was hit by the smell of sizzling tofu bacon and...were those quesitos? He could have just died and gone to heaven.

Zabdiel walked into the kitchen and by the grace of Dios, he saw his beautiful wife standing by the stove making breakfast. The quesitos were placed out on plates on the kitchen island; the bacon was still cooking. He didn't say anything, just watched for a minute, amazed that Bella was up so early, cooking for the both of them before he had to go off to rehearsal. She was so beautiful. He had to admire.

He walked behind his wife and circled his arms around her waist. At the moment, he had nothing to protect her from, but he held her close as if to let nothing come between them.

"Morning, papi. Dímelo, how did you sleep?" Bella asked as she stroked her husband's hair. Zabdiel was planting soft kisses on her jawline and neck. It was making her melt, but she focused on the task at hand.

"Bueno. Still tired pero it's gonna be a long day", he said. He stepped back so Bella could put the bacon on their plates.

"Mami, you made breakfast? Ay Dios", Zabdi said like a little kid, his eyes wide and his mouth drooling. "Si, papa y mira-" She slid him the plate in the middle. "Extra quesitos for you."

"Ahh, ¿Eso pa mi?", he said giddily. Bella nodded.
______________

After breakfast, Zabdiel looked at the clock and noticed he still had to get dressed and out the door. He was putting on his shoes when Bella walked over to him, handing him his backpack with all of the things he needed. She looked sad.

"Why so sad, hermosa?", Zabdiel asked his wife.

"Nada. It's just you're gonna be gone all day and I'm not sure what I'll do until you get back", she explained while rubbing her hands up and down his chest.

Zabdi set his backpack down by his feet and pulled Bella into an embrace. She looked up at him, her hands gliding gently up his chest. She noticed the way his thin tank hugged his biceps. He was looking mighty-

"Isabella..." he said softly, breaking her out of her trance. She would never get over the fact that even though they'd been married for five years and she still couldn't shake the butterflies she got by just looking at him and touching him.

"Yes, papi?"

"I'll be back before you know it. Esta noche soy toda tuya."

She shivered. "What about right now?" She smirked and ran her hands up under his shirt. Zabdiel just chuckled and grabbed her hands.

"Ah.?" He gave her a look 👀 and she laughed. "You didn't get enough last night, mami?"

"I can never get enough of you, baby." She wrapped her arms around him and gave him a passionate kiss before coming back down. He pecked her one last time, grabbed his backpack, and as he was putting it on, he noticed Bella looking at him devilishly. "Esta noche, cariño?"

"Esta noche." He winked.

"Bye, mi amor." Zabdiel walked out the door as Bella closed it. She couldn't be prouder of her husband and all he had accomplished with his best friends, his brothers. She herself had built an empire as a famed makeup artist and she wondered all the time how she managed to get so lucky and so blessed. She was on top of the world and had built a life with el hombre de sus sueños.