vii

"Abbey, love, wake up!" Jed shook his wife's shoulder again. "I made breakfast..."

Abigail Bartlet grunted and rolled over. "That's supposed to make me want to get up?" She teased. "I'm only eating that after you've tried some."

Jed scoffed. "There's not enough for that," he replied, grinning mischievously. "It took me long enough to make enough for you."

Abbey sighed and sat up, pressing her lips to Jed's. "Alright, Mr. President," she mumbled. "Let's get breakfast."

Jed smiled, watching his wife as she climbed out of bed. She'd barely stood up when Jed wrapped his arms around her waist, holding her close to him. "Jed, what are you doing?" Abbey giggled. "What about breakfast?"

"Breakfast can wait," Jed replied, spinning her around to face him. Abbey rolled her eyes.

"Food first, Josiah."

"Ooh, the full name!" Jed laughed, holding her hand as he led her to the dining room of the residence. "How scary."

Abbey shoved her husband's shoulder as she sat down. "Shut up, Jed."

She glanced down at the plate in front of her. There was a lumpy, partially-burnt, heart-shaped pancake surrounded by watery scrambled eggs and blackened bacon. Abbey gave a hesitant smile. "This looks... delicious, Jed."

She looked up at her husband, who sighed. "Try it, and if it doesn't poison you, I'll go grab the cereal."

Abbey grinned. "I'm sure it's great, Jed," she replied, carefully cutting a bite out of the pancake. Jed watched carefully as she stuck it in her mouth.

"It's wonderful, Jed!" She exclaimed, swallowing and looking up at him.

"I'll go get the cereal."

[a/n: i must have just watched the crackpots and these women or something when i wrote this... the chili ohmygosh but nothing will beat "you look like death on a triscuit"]