Chapter Ten: To Riverdale And Back Again

People like to say that the death of Jason Blossom and the amnesia affected Arabella Rose changed everything at Riverdale High. But certain things, certain traditions never change.

Take Homecoming, for instance. Though Jason's jersey had been retired, the Riverdale Bulldogs would still be playing their arch-rivals, the Baxter High Ravens, with River Vixens cheering them on.

As in previous years, graduates from the days of Riverdale Past will come to town to relive their more youthful, more carefree days.

Or to make up for lost time.

~

After that sentence, I bolted for my room, slamming and locking the door behind me. Tears formed in my eyes as I realized mom had gotten over dad. She's moving on and she's trying to forget about him by using some other guy, that I've never even seen or heard of in my life.

My heart ached as I looked at the guitar that sat in the corner of my room, propped up on its stand. My dad's signature on the body, with a sticker of Nirvana beside it, along with many others. It was his favorite guitar he used to play to me.

My eyes traveled to the pictures I had hanging and sitting around my room, all filled with my mom, dad, and I. Smiles on our faces as we didn't know something so tragic was going to happen to us in only a matter of time. My eyes then settled on the most recent photos we had taken before the accident.

We had gone out for a picnic and asked some random people to snap a photo while we all three slid down the slide at a park, together. I was in my mom's lap with my dad behind her, the love in his eyes as he looked at the two of us made the tears fall hard. A sob escaped my body as I walked over and grabbed the photo, placing a kiss to the frame before pulling it to my chest and flopped back onto the bed.

My eyes closed as my mind flashed with old memories of my father, my real father, who could never be replaced by anyone. Not by my mom, not by Jughead's dad, or could Tony ever take that title.

My dad will forever and always will be my dad to me, no matter what.

~

A sudden ringing in my ears made my eyes shoot open as I looked around, realizing I must have fallen asleep from the small light filtering through my window. I checked my phone, the ringing still going on as I rubbed my eyes.

'Jughead <3,' was on the screen, causing me to feel a little better, knowing we were doing okay after the night before. I pushed away from the memories of last night before answering his call.

"Hello," My voice came out raspy so I coughed before repeating my greeting.

"Hey, I'm heading to your house right now since you didn't answer my first few calls or texts. Are you okay?" He rushes out.

"Why wouldn't I be?" I answer his question with a question, trying to deter away from how I was really feeling.

"Your mom called me, saying she was worried about you because of something that happened last night." He explained, causing me to sigh. I go up and went to my bathroom, cringing at the sight in the mirror. My makeup was smudged and my eyes were bloodshot from the crying last night. My lips were a little puffy as well, and my hair was in a greasy, tangly mess.

"Bella? You still there?"

"Oh yeah, sorry. I spaced out." I say, grabbing a couple of towels before telling Jughead I was gonna be in the shower when he got here.

"Okay, I'll be there soon. Bye."

"Bye." We hang up and I swiftly turn on the shower, going straight to hot as I stripped out of my clothes. I played some music off my phone, hoping to distract myself from my thoughts before I stepped in and washed.