The New Comer

Chapter one                                                                                                                      The New Comer.                         

Dear Diary, My stepmother is trying to get my Father to send me to the Monster House, I hope he doesn’t succumb to her nagging.
                                                              1/19/2019

I close my diary and put it under my bed “Jacklyn, dear come for supper!” my father calls     I run downstairs and into the dining room where my father sits at the head of the table and my stepmother sits on his right side “Sit down please” My father gestures to the seat to his left,    I sit down “Jacklyn we have something to tell you” oh no “We”, I pick up my fork “Me and Selina have decided it would be safer for you to live at the home for monsters” my father grabs Selina's hands “What” I drop my fork in shock “you can’t be serious” of course Selina wants me to leave “We scheduled them to arrive tomorrow, so after dinner please pack your things,” he says sorrowfully and pats his wife’s hand “Wha- Dad!?” I slam my hands on the table “I’m sorry” he looks sorrowfully down at the table I stand up “I’m not hungry anymore” I walk upstairs and flop onto my bed then I scream into a pillow I get off my bed and pull my suitcase out of the closet, I hate Selina and I know she hates me too I start shoving all my clothes into the suitcase and leave out my favorite dress hanging in the closet, I put all my belongings in then go to sleep, The reason I’m going to a monster house is that last year a vampire decided I looked like a tasty snack, but sleeping on the ceiling probably wasn’t a good idea either.

                                   1