35. PETTY FIGHT

PETTY
FIGHT

                              THE GROUP SAT around yoongi's car, steel chairs from a food truck dragged around the vehicle with couples' partners perched on their knees. raesun stared at jin and namjoon, jeongguk hugging her from beneath her, as they held hands. tissues were crumpled in her older brother's free hand as he sniffled, mouth gaping open as if to talk but no words fleeing.

"i'm so sorry," jin whispered, looking deep into his lover's flooded eyes, "i shouldn't have started an argument, i was selfish and—"

"i'm sorry, guys, but what the fuck are we even on about?" jimin asked; yoongi punched his arm for interrupting, the younger male pouting in pain.

mijin shook her head, "take your time, jin. ignore this prick."

jin chuckled, swiping at the tears under his eyes before beginning his story, "i've been out as bisexual for a long time. i... i never knew i'd fall in love with joon, especially since i was shy of being openly gay with another boy but i knew my feelings and i knew his. when we started dating i finally felt... myself."

namjoon sighed with a shaken breath, "but i didn't want to be open about it. i wanted to keep it secret for as long as i could, as selfish as it sounds," he looked right into raesun's eyes, "mother and father would be so ashamed of me, i didn't want to bring shame upon our family name."

jeongguk frowned, "it's not something to be ashamed of though."

raesun winced. at one point, her parents wanted namjoon to date a pretty girl from a very successful business company in hopes of a deal. her father was adamant that namjoon would go ahead with it, her mother flouncing about town gossiping to friends about their wedding: namjoon had never even met the girl before.

he'd cried in his room for a solid week, only leaving for school and football training. eventually, the parents of the girl got tired of waiting and called off the deal. their mother and father had never been so angry, namjoon wearing long sleeved shirts for months just to hide the bruises.

their life was always planned out for them; never was it fair, but what could they do?

"jin and i got into an argument about it," namjoon continued, "in the heat of the moment, i broke up with him and ran home, accepting the offer to college in attempts of moving on. it was so rushed that i didn't even think of making it up to him... too embarrassed, i suppose."

jin shook his head, "you shouldn't of been embarrassed, it was my fault. i shouldn't have gotten so mad—"

"no jin, it was my fault—"

"joon, please—"

"oh kiss and make up, it was both of your faults," yoongi snapped, a playful grin tugging at his mouth. the two reunited lovers laughed as jin's hand replaced the tear–sodden tissues in the other's.

jimin sarcastically wiped a tear from his eye, "how beautiful, really."

namjoon sniffled, then cleared his throat, "anyway! how've you all been? i've clearly missed out on a lot," he nodded at raesun and jeongguk, everyone noticing jeongguk's minor blush and raesun's fiery cheeks.

the honey boy shyly smiled, "well, we're officially together now—"

"there's definitely going to be mini guk's and raesun's running around soon: watch out namjoon, you'll be an uncle before you know it—" jimin's warning was halted by yoongi's fist connecting with his arm again, the younger of the two whining, "can you piss off punching me? it hurts."

everyone was laughing, but namjoon, "what happened to hana? i thought you'd see her feelings for you a lot sooner."

the laughing stopped — and was replaced by gunshots.

uh oh it's all going down

(;

from,
starr.