#01

I walk through the streets of Westbury, admiring the beautifully constructed houses along the pathway. A sling bag on my shoulder, and a book in my hand, I enter my favorite store on the corner. Walking through the door, I find all the book club members already seated and discussing the existence of the Westbury faery. Not many people believe the legend, but there has been a major debate on it for ages.

 I sit next to Robert, my best friend whom I've known for 5 years. "Hey Robert! What's the status?"

"They're basically just going on and on about how many have seen her in the Nightingale Woods wearing a beautiful creamy- pink dress with silver, almost see through, luminous wings."

"Ah! I was wondering if you would join me to investigate whether the Westbury Feary is real or just a myth? You bring along some pals of yours as well." I ask.

"Sure. Luna, is it alright if I bring Elijah? I mean, you guys had a bad history together and-" Robert fidgets. 

"It's in the past Robert and I don't really as long as he doesn't bring it up." I let out a sigh.

"Okay. We'll meet you here in an hour. Get your stuff ready 'cause we are about to discover the reality behind the Westbury faery." Robert says dramatically. 

On the way back home, I buy a pack of assorted candies and chocolates and a bag of crisps. I stuff them in a bag with a water bottle, my keys, wallet and my camera. I take my phone and drop off my cat over at my neighbors, and reach the bookstore.  

In about 5 minutes, Robert arrives in his truck with Elijah next to him. I sit next to them and put my bag in the back.  

"Let's Go!" Robert shouts as we speed off. 

We reach the forest in about an hour and get down. We share all the food we have on the way and now are parched. 

I see a boy with blue hair standing next to a vending machine looking for something in his bag. He seems to be in his early 20s. I walk over to him and ask "Is the vending machine working?"

I sorta startle him. He turns around and I couldn't help but admire his aquamarine blue eyes. "Go ahead; I haven't even gotten my wallet out yet." 

I get 3 water bottles and a bag of cookies. While returning to the truck, my eyes wander off to his travel guide.

" You might want to check into your hotel first or would you be lugging those bags with you throughout this whole trip?" I snip. "Huh so your travel guide says Elm Wood Cottages, I could drive you there. If you want me to, of course."  

"Thanks but I think your friend in the car would be less inclined to." He replies. I turn over to Robert who was waiting in the driver's seat of the truck.

"Huh, cookies eh? I think I'll get some too" He chirps.

"My name's Jonah, nice to meet you." He introduces himself 

"Mine's Luna. Luna James. Guess I'll be seeing you around. We have the same hotel. Elm Wood Cottages." I say smiling.

Robert shouts, calling me back. "Gotta go. Nice meeting ya Jonah." I say as I run back to the truck.

"Took you long enough." Robert snorts. "Hey, I made a new friend. I think he's here of the faery as well 'cause I saw the book with him. And, he has the same hotel as us." I say.

"Cool!" Elijah comments and we soon take off for the hotel. We check in and enter our room. we have 3 single beds, and couch next to them and a TV in front paneled onto the wall. We place our bags next to our beds and lay down and take a short half-hour nap. 

I wake up the first and go down to the lobby and look around. As I reach the waiting lounge, I bump into someone causing us to fall over. I get up and apologize. I help pick up the books that lay next to me. As I pick up the last book, I hear someone say my name.

"Luna, we meet again." I find Jonah getting up and taking the books from me. "I guess."

"This book. How did you get it?"I ask as I remember seeing it in the bookstore. It was research on the faery by Arthur Blake.

"It's nothing. Just something given to me by my grandfather." He says hesitantly 

"Do you believe in faeries?" I ask him 

"Yes. Yes, I do. Do you?" 

"Yes. In fact, I came here to film a documentary on the Westbury Faery."

"Come with me." He says grabbing my hand and leading me to his room. 

"I don't know why, but I trust you with the information I am going to tell you." I look at him with curious eyes. 

"My grandfather is Arthur Blake and I need someone's help to figure out the link between the pieces of evidence we've found. Will you help me?" He asks holding the book in his hand. I look at him in disbelief. 

"I will, on one condition. I have to bring my friend along." I reply

He thinks about it for a while but agrees to it in the end. He shows me a couple of pictures of the evidence he has found.