Chapter 1

Kai in this story is pronounced Kay, it's just because of how I spell Kailey.

-------------

Kailey's P.O.V.

"You'll never catch me Kailey!" Cameron shouted at me.

"Cam!! Slow down!" I hollered back.

We were playing tag, one of my favorite yard games. Cameron has to leave for Magcon again tonight so he's spending the day with me.

I trip on my own feet trying to catch up with Cam and I fall on the gravel in front of our house on the street.

"Ow! Camm!!!"

I see him jog back around the corner of the house to me. When he reaches me he tugs on the ankles of my leggings to roll them up to see the damage. Nothing major just a few scratches.

"Come on Kailey, let's go get you cleaned up." He pats my back and helps me up. We walk inside to the sink in the kitchen. He picks me up and sets me on the counter. I roll my eyes as he wets a paper towel.

"Cam, I'm 13. I can clean myself up if I get scraped."

I secretly enjoy how he babies me though. It makes me feel special.

"Oh come on Kai." He grins.

I giggle. He suddenly puts too much pressure on my cut. I wince on jerk back a little out of habit.

"Sorry." he mumbles.

Once I'm all clean, he takes me to his car.

"Cameron, where are we going?"

"You'll see."

He pulls up to my favorite Frozen Yogurt place and smiles.

"OH MY GOSH YAYY!" I shout like a 5 year old.

We pull in and I get my usual. Cake batter and M&Ms. Cameron gets his usual. Chocolate and M&Ms. We sit on a bench outside the store and talk.

"Your gonna get fat from eating all that chocolate." I tease.

He fake gasps like I offended him and shoots back, "Look who's talking miss Cake Batter."

I giggle and then it gets serious.

"I'm going to miss you Cam." I say as I stare in my half eaten bowl of froyo.

Cam looks at me with a little bit of glassiness in his eyes and says,

"It's only for two weeks Kailey."

I sigh and nod.

We finish our treats and head to the car.

I plug in my phone and play my music. We sing along to Wrecking Ball the whole way home and I can't help but laugh at how bad we sound. We pull into the driveway and there are a couple cars parked in front of our house on the street.

"That's odd..." Cam remarks.

We go inside and see them all on our two couches. Nash, Carter, Hayes, Matt, Shawn, Taylor, Jack G, Jack J, and Aaron.

"Hey guys!" Cameron shouts as he sees them and gives them all hugs.

Of course, Nash is the first one that comes to me.

"Hows my Kai doing?" He smiles.

"Good. Except school starts tomorrow." and I fake pout.

Nash chuckles, hugs me again, and then walks over to Cam.

Then, in order, Matt, Shawn, Carter, Hayes, Jack J, Jack G, Taylor, and Aaron come up to me and we talk for a little bit.

Turns out Mom invited them for dinner before they all left.

After dinner I help Cam get his stuff in Nash's car. He says bye to Mom, then Dad, then Sierra, and last me. He hugs me for a good two minutes then lets go.

"FaceTime me before and after school. I want to hear how it's going. Text me before bed too. I love you Kailey. See you soon."

"I love you too Cam. Have fun okay?"

and then he's gone.

I go upstairs and check Instagram, Twitter, and Vine.

After that it's around 11:30 so I go to sleep, thinking of what I will face at school tomorrow.