Three

"G'night Laura."

"Good night, Lewis."

0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o

Tick, tick, tick, tick.

Laura sat up in her bed, running a hand through her hair. What was that?

She heard the tell-tale creaking of Lewis walking towards her room. The door opened a crack. "Laura?"

"Mm?"

"What's that sound? It- it sounds like a clock," he said walking over to her and sitting at the edge of her bed as she propped herself up against the headboard. "But it couldn't possibly be. There aren't any clocks upstairs. I've checked, and nothing could be that loud."

"Well, I saw a few clocks up here, but not enough to make this much noise." She stood up and walked into the hallway, Lewis following behind.

Tick, tick, tick, tick.

A scream, and the thuds of Lewis running back to his bedroom. Laura turned around and saw a devil-head-Cuckoo-clock about five feet away from her. "Laura?"

"Uncle Jonathan! I wasn't expecting you to be out here," she said, frowning. Why was he out here?

"Oh, I uh... heard something. Just the wind."

"Okay," Laura said. She bit her lip. "You're definitely lying."

"I'll talk about it later."

"No, you won't.

"What?"

"You always said that when I was a kid. You would say that 'we'll talk about it later,'" she imitated his voice. "But we never did, did we?"

"Sure, Laura."

"So you're saying we'll talk about it now?"

"What- no-"

"Great! Let's go!"

A/N: SO SO SO SORRY ABOUT THE LATE UPDATE!!!!! I had taken a break from writing for a little bit, but now I'm back with (hopefully) more updates! And sorry this is short, I just wanted to get something out for you guys!