The Accident

'What do you remember from that day?'

None of your business. I look around the small brown room. I hate this. I have to stay focused, for Aunt Julie's sake. This was her idea.

I look back into his eyes. All I can think is, stay focused, stay focused. 'Lacy calm yourself take deep breaths.' Isabella says. She is my best friend, since the accident happened she has always been there for me in the back of my mind.

'Well....' I can't help it, I close my eyes, i can only see black, but soon enough the pictures unfold.

The first thing that pops up is the music, mums favorite, "Crazy" by Beyonce. She sings along trying to be one of the back-up singers and at the same time waving her head around when it got to the chorus. Then dad begins to evolve out of the darkness with a serious look on his face, eyes on the road. Then there's me seatbelt on, humming along to the tune, nodding. It wasn't our fault it happened, it was the rain. It wouldn't stop. I could see it dripping down the window. It was a lucky escape from the campsite, the rain started hammering once we got in the car. We were only going slow until we hit the bridge. That was the worst bit, it was so slippery, we didn't know what was coming. I can see my mums face, shocked, eyes wide, she starts to scream. The image freezes.

I can't do this.

"I'm sorry" I mumble. I got up from the leather couch and run for the door, the tears start to make a waterfall down my face. I reach the door and open it.

Aunt Julie is waiting for me in one of the chairs, "What happened?" Her eyes are full of worry. I sink into her arms and shut my eyes. The scenes line up and I can fell the warmth of Aunt Julie's brown coat around me as the tears run down my face, The funeral.