𝑤ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑝𝑒𝑛𝑒𝑑 𝑡𝑜 𝑢𝑠?/𝑅.𝑇.

(This is a teen Richie Tozier imagine if that even makes sense)

Richie and Y/N had been best friends ever since kindergarten. Richie saw Y/N sitting by herself on the sandpit and he decided to join her. That was the start of their friendship. Ever since that day, they were inseparable. Not even a fucking clown could break them apart. During the disappearances, Richie, Y/N, and the rest of the losers all teamed up to fight the crackhead clown who lives underneath the Neibolt house. All was well after the big fight, but as months passed, Richie and Y/N slowly drifted apart from each other. It was gradual, they didn't notice that slowly the hangouts stopped, the phone calls stopped and it felt as if they never knew each other in the first place. The two of them started to hangout with other people; Y/N hung out with Bill and Richie hung out with Eddie.

Junior year of high school is when it all started. Richie and Y/N would talk to each other during school since they had a lot of classes together, but they never went over to each other's houses. Then as months passed, the two gradually stopped talking to each other. Whenever the losers hung out together, Richie would be absent whenever Y/N was able to hang out. When Y/N wasn't able to hang out, that's when Richie hung out with the losers.

The losers started to notice the two best friends drifting apart. Mike tried to do something about it by talking to Richie, but he quickly dismissed him saying that it wasn't a big deal and that best friends drift apart all the time. Stan approached Y/N about the whole situation one day, but Y/N couldn't give him an answer as to why Richie and her drifted away from each other. After Stan brought it up to her, that's when the gears started turning for Y/N. She would sometimes lie awake at night thinking about what she'd done to Richie that caused their friendship to stop all of a sudden. Did she say something that made him upset? Did she do something that made him upset? She didn't know the answer. She wanted to ask Richie about it, but she was afraid of the outcome. She thought that if she approached him, it would make the situation worse than it is.

Bill stood outside Y/N's classroom, waiting for her to come out. Y/N had to talk to her Algebra teacher about her quiz score so Bill had to wait for her. After a few minutes of talking, Y/N finally came out of the classroom.

"Everything o-okay? Did you get to fix y-your q-quiz grade?" Bill asked as he walked with Y/N to the bike racks.

"Yea, it was all a mistake. I didn't get a fifty, I actually got an eighty on the quiz." Y/N replied with a sigh of relief. She stayed up studying with Bill for this quiz so it was impossible for her to receive such a low score.

"That's good, I was worried that I t-taught it t-to you w-wrong." Bill let out a sigh of relief as he took his bike out of the bike rack and got on.

"No Bill, you did perfectly fine. To be honest, you're a much better teacher than the actual Algebra teacher." Y/N joked which made Bill chuckle. Once Bill was on Silver, Y/N sat behind Bill. Bill then started to pedal away from the school, Y/N wrapped her arms around Bill's waist as he pedaled.