one

I stepped up to the gates of the Woodlands and sighed. Alright, Red, you can do this. Just drop Blue Beard off his loaf of bread, then head to Beauty and Beast. I shouldn't run into the wolf. I took a deep breath and opening the gate and walking towards the door. When I got to the steps, I heard the gate open behind me. I turned to see Snow White walking up. "Oh, hello, Miss. Hood. Last minute deliveries, I see."

I smiled at her, "Yes, but only a couple. Baker wants to close on time tonight. He wants to help his brother with a few things."

I opened the door and held it open for her. When she caught up, she thanked me. "Well that's understandable. He was being used as pawn."

I only nodded. There wasn't much to say, and there wasn't much she could do with emotional help for their small family. As we entered the elevator, I noticed she didn't have a ring on her finger. A small part of me was almost surprised. "So, Little Red, are you sure you're okay with going to Blue Beards apartment, alone? I know with this new law, he's been flirting with any single fables." she said as she hit the button with her office floor number.

"Yes, I'm heading towards him first so I can have an excuse not to linger. And a lot of fables are getting carried away with this law." I said hitting the button above what she hit.

"I guess that's true. I'm sure you'll be busy coming up soon, with cakes, and wedding treats. The butcher too, a lot of catering."

I shrugged, "I only deliver small cakes, muffins, and bread. I can't really bake all too well."

Snow laughed lightly, "You and me both," she shook her head. "Do you plan on marrying, Red?"

I looked at her, surprise was definitely noticed in my bright brown eyes as she quickly added, "Not to pry or anything! Just because I know Woody is marrying Narissa."

I shook my head, "I don't really think it's the cards. I'm usually over looked because I'm still 'Little' Red Riding Hood to most. I think others just assume I'd be in the body of a 16 year-old forever and not gradually grow up like everyone else."

Snow nodded as the elevator door opened on her floor, "Are you sure you want to go alone? I'd be happy to escort you."

I simply shook my head, "You must be swamped by paperwork. I don't want to put you behind."

She held the door open as she responded, "I could always send Bigby with you."

Before I could reply, his voice sounded. "Send Bigby where, with who?"

Snow turned her head towards the sheriff, not noticing the panic in my eyes. She smiled towards him, "Red has to deliver to Blue Beard, but with how he overbearing he's become due to the new law, I think it's best she didn't go alone."

"He was already overbearing. But sure, I'll take Little Red up." he said, walking towards the elevator.

I heard his footsteps before I saw him, his human form was just as I remembered; shaggy auburn hair, stubble covering his face, and bags under his eyes. He wore his normal outfit, consisting of a white button up, a black tie, black pants, and black shoes. Cigarette in hand. His brown eyes met mine and he shrugged, "or should I just call you Red? You're not so little anymore."

I rolled my eyes, "Oh, funny. But I don't need you to take me anywhere. I'll be fine on my own."

"Please?" Snow begged, obviously still not convinced I'll be okay.

"I'll go, Snow. Don't worry." Bigby said, stepping into the elevator after he stomped out his smoke.

I sighed, "Fine. But, only to Blue Beard. I don't think Beauty and Beast would want the wolf on their door step."