Chapter 2: Pizza with a message

Her phone still in her hand she answered the call.

“Yes?”

“It's Allanon. Your pizzas are here.”

“Alright. I'll be right down.”

Eretria threw her phone on her bed and rummaged around in the mess on her desk looking for her wallet. When she finally found it underneath some pens and books she wondered how it was already buried that deep again after she had only put it onto of the pile of all sorts of things this morning.

When Eretria came back with two pizza boxes, Amberle had collected all her pages and books and stacked them into a pile.

Eretria settled down in front of her bed, leaning against it, placing her own pizza box on her lap. Amberle's box she shoved in the direction of the brunette together with a motion for her to sit down.

“The money for the pizza? Do you want me to get it now?”

“No. It's alright. You'll get it the next time.” She winked at her and finally Amberle sat down across from her.

Eretria opened her box and joyfully dug in her vegetable-pizza. Amberle on the other hand lifted the lid and started to chuckle.

“What's wrong?” She asked with her hand covering her mouth.

“It seems as if your friend Wil has written me a message.”

“What?” Eretria couldn't believe her ears.

Wordless the brunette turned her box, so she could read what her friend had written on the inside of the lid.

Amberle, Eretria is not as tough as she looks. A total softy. But give her a shot, will you. ;)

Eretria couldn't believe was she was reading. “Impossible that boy. He will have to pay for that one. Sorry about him.”

“It's alright. It's kind of cute. He is just trying to get you some.” She laughed and the sound of that forced the corners of her lips to twitch upwards as well. ”So who is he?”

“I met him at the pizza place, because it's on my route to work and I spend a lot of time there. One day he was working and had nothing to do, so we got talking and he hasn't stopped talking since.”

“And why is he asking me to give you a shot?”Amberle had her eyebrow raised cheekily.

“I don't know. He was the one with the crush on you.” Eretria figured that if Wil had gotten her into his mess, the least she could do was take him down with her.

“He had a crush on me?” The brunette sounded really surprised and her eyes widened.

“Yeah, last Halloween. We saw you at a party. You were wearing that silver dress and...”

At the mentioning of the color of her dress, Amberle's eyebrow was once again jerked upwards and she grinned while biting in another slice of her pizza.”He stopped talking about you though once that we saw you and that Lorin guy.” With that Eretria got up from the floor, walked over to her cupboard and took two mugs reading Antonio's pizza out of a shelf. Wil had given them to her for Christmas. She picked up a water bottle from the crate underneath her desk and returned to the floor. “You want some?”

Amberle nodded.”Yes. Thank you.” Once Eretria had filled her mug and passed it into her hand, she took a sip.” You know Lorin?”

“Yep. He is in my Robotics class.”

“Oh.”

”Are you and he still...” She didn't feel the need to finish that sentence.

“No. No.” The brunette shook her head.”That didn't work out.”