Black Coffee

Yoongi sighed as he scribbled in his note book, scratching and rubbing his slightly sore tattooed neck. He had to have something for his editors and fast or he would lose this next big break. The struggles of being an author, writers block. He was getting frustrated, tearing pieces of paper and throwing them away, getting small ideas, but losing the big ones. He needed some decent inspiration, he needed to go and get some coffee. He shook his head, grabbed his leather book, coat, wallet, and left the warmth of his apartment and into the cold, blistering weather outside.  

He walked down the busy streets, luckily the side-walks weren't slick with ice, but it was freezing cold during the walk to the coffee shop none the less. As he was nearing the shop, he could already smell the coffee beans, grounded powder, and the freshly brewed liquid. He then came to the shop and entered.  

He walked up the counter and looked up and saw a girl running the registers whom he hadn't seen before. He groaned internally, because that she wouldn't know his usual. He smiled at the girl as she spoke kindly to him, "Hello, how can I help you?" She said with a soft smile. "Hi, um is Karren here today?" He asked politely. "Um, sorry, she isn't here today, I'm afraid none of the regular employees are here today, all of us working her today just stared this week." She said with a small frown. I nodded and hummed as I thought for a second. "I'll just take a cup of black coffee please, no room for cream or sugar." I said with a sigh and smile. She nodded and put it in the computer. 

After I gave her the money, she handed me a mug with the coffee. My fingers slightly brushed hers, and I don't know if it was the warm cup in my hand or her soft, silky skin, but I feel a warm spark go through my arms towards my back. It was pleasant...but I didn't know why.. 

I sat down in the corner of a small leather seated booth and brought out my notebook as I took off my coat. I scribbled some ideas and small inspirations as I watched the people and workers buzz along the shop, all while taking small sips of my coffee. Letting the dark, bitter liquid soothe my frusterated mind and soul. But throughout all of this, I was really paying attention to the girl who took my order earlier. She was about my height and had very pretty hair and eyes, but she had something about her, that I could tell, was a mystery or secret. What was she hiding under the soft smile she gave every employee and every customer? 

I stared and studied her for a while as it was getting closer for the shop to close, watching how she works and socializes, I was actually beginning to feel a bit stalkerish, I creeped myself out with that thought. I shook my head and rubbed my eyes and looked at my notes. I got a lot of inspiration from here, and have enough for a rough draft. As I was looking over my notes, I heard a kind voice approach. "Would you like a refill, sir?" Her voice, it was as soft as a piece of cotton. I looked up and blushed a little, "Um, no thank, I will be off soon actually." I replied smoothly. She nodded and took my cup away and walked back tot eh counter. 

I put on my coat and put my notebook in the pocket and walked up to the counter and spoke to her. "If you do see Karren, tell her Yoongi said hi, and my I ask you, what is your name?" I spoke with my gummy smile. "I will, and my name is Y/N, I just started earlier this week." She grinned. I nodded and waved goodbye as I pushed the door open and walked back into the blistering cold. 

My thought were racing, about YN. She was so kind, so soft at heart, so..pretty. He hadn't felt his way in a long time...he was afraid to let it inside him again. He lifted his head slightly, looking up at the cloudy navy sky, letting a cool breeze blow his hair up a bit. He was so curious about this girl, maybe he should ask her out? How long should he wait till he does? Should he become friends with her before hand? I mean he had dated plenty of girls on the spot, but that was back in college, he had changed since then. 

He got back to his home and slipped off his coat and took his notebook with him as he went to his office. He set his book down and loaded his laptop. He emailed his editors saying they would have a full-proof written draft for them by tomorrow at 12pm. He finished the email and took out his notes and began writing. His main plot was a mystery, between a coffee shop girl and a cop. He mostly wrote crime mysteries, he loved to read those as a kid. His main story line for it was the girl was a witness to a murder the cop was investigating, but it turned out the girl was actually the killer, but the cop had fallen in love with her, and didn't want to arrest her...etc. 

By 3am(hehe) he was finished with the draft of twenty chapters and edited to where the other editors and publish would enjoy the results. He rubbed his eyes and walked sluggishly towards his bedroom. He didn't bother to change his clothes and just flopped on his bed and snuggled under the covers. Tomorrow, he decided, if tomorrow the people like my story, I'll ask her out.  

He smiled as he imagined her smile and shining eyes looking at him with such happiness, which helped him slowly fall into the soft void of sleep which welcomed him with open arms.  

SLOW UPDATES PEEPS, BEAR WITH ME!!!