Somebody That I Used to Know (One Shot)

I was eating there alone at the fastfood were we used to go to. Then, I saw you in line at the cashier.

You still looked the same, tall with messy hair and black glasses. You were wearing your favorite Beatles shirt with your blue jacket, white shorts and Vans. I remember...

That blue jacket you used to lend me when I was feeling cold during our dates in the cinemas.

That Beatles shirt that you wore on our first date.

That white shorts. I always told you that you looked good in them.

That Vans that I was going to buy you as a gift on your birthday…

It’s kinda silly though, ten months ago I used to hate everything about you...

[Ten Months Ago]

"I hate him! His messy hair! How about you try to comb your hair b***h! And FYI white shorts are for gays!"

"Alli, Relax. You know that he can't hear you, right?"

"Whatever. Why did we have to see him?! Yeah, walk you d*****s! Look at me I'm driving now! Where's your car?? A*****e!!"

"Be careful! Aaaaahhhh! You know what, STOP THE CAR!!"

"What?! FINE!"

"What's wrong with you Alli?! You almost got us killed!"

"I'm sorry Kat..." then I started crying...

"Up until now, I thought you were okay.  You said it was a mutual breakup. I never saw you cry, we always told you to cry it all out but you never did. After the breakup you were back to normal. Like nothing happened. Seeing him, I never thought you could be like this..."

"I miss him!" And then I cried there for almost four hours.

It took me 6 days 17 hours since our break up to have the courage to cry... And realize we're over.

I never wanted to go out that car. I didn't want anyone to see that I was hurting. After our breakup you looked fine like nothing happened. You never tweeted or posted a Facebook status about it. You were always smiling in your tagged pictures.

I also wanted to play your game of "Being fine like nothing happened"  but I guess I can't after seeing you ALONE still looking happy...

How could you not be affected?

After that episode, I stopped avoiding the pain and truly dealt with it. Little by little I was getting used to life without you.

Four years and two months before our break up, you were not in my life to begin with.

[Four Years Two Months Ago]

"I found you!"

"Excuse me?"

"My princess!"

"What are you talking about?"

"You're dressed as Snow White and I am dressed as your Prince. Don't you think it's destiny?"

"Do you realize that was lame? And for a fact you are dressed as a "generic" prince. You could be Cinderella's or Sleeping Beauty's prince."

"You got me. You see, at every Halloween party there are always girls dressed up as princesses. I select the most beautiful in the room and tell them that I am their prince."

"What if the princess have already a boyfriend that is also dressed as their prince?"

"then I'll just go to the second most beautiful girl in the room"