10

"Sally!" Everyone aside from me and Paul screamed.

"Kendra can you try to get them to release her?" Grandpa looked at her.

Bracken shook his head. "Naiads don't listen when they have someone. They focus fully on whoever they took."

I sighed and walked down to the water.

"Percy, don't! You'll get pulled in and drown!" Seth yelled at me.

"I'll be fine." I knelt in the water.

"Let me try Bracken!"

"They will drown you Kendra they have no love of my mother's handmaidens."

I glanced back to see Bracken holding my cousin back by her arms.

"At least get Percy out of the water!"

Grandpa rushed over and was about to grab me when a naiad poked up.

"Hey, can you give me my mom back please?" I smiled.

"She is ours-"

"Maybe I wasn't clear. Give my mother back. That's an order." I narrowed my eyes.

"Of course my lady."

Seconds later my mother was tossed back up on shore, laughing.

"That took longer than I thought it would." She grinned at me, brushing the wet strands of hair off of her face. "Are they picking up your sass or something?"

My face heated up. "I'm not sassy, I'm...no I'm sassy."

"What just happened?" Seth looked between us.

Bracken knelt down into a bow. "Your Highness."

I groaned and fell into the water. "Why?"

"You knew they were going to find out sooner or later."

"I would have preferred later Mom." Grumbling I picked myself up out of the water, completely dry as I walked onto land.

"What's going on here?" Grandpa stared at me.

"Easy, I'm Bracken's...great great aunt...I think." It might be three times great.

"Your ancestors are unicorns?"

"Something more powerful Kendra, much more powerful." Bracken slowly stood up.

"Like what?"

I sighed and looked at Mom. "So...you gonna tell them you hooked up with a god or am I?"

Mom's face turned red and she hid it with her hands. "Perseus!"

I laughed. "Hey it's not as embarrassing as it is for me when I go visit Dad."

"What?" Grandpa kinda just stared at Mom. "What does she mean by a god?"

I waved a hand. "My dad's literally a god. Greek god to be exact and I might die from telling you that."

Zeus is like barely tolerating my existence at this point. But if he kills me...I die and the gods lose a weapon.

So it's a win win for me.

"Her father also happens to be one of the gods the fairy race is descended from...and all unicorns are his direct descendants." Bracken explained.

"Basically, I have a lot of nieces and nephews." I grinned and tapped Mom's shoulder.

"So uh...is your dad that guy that was with you two in the bedroom?" Kendra questioned.

I nodded.

"Okay, how did you get them to let your mom go?" Seth asked and I facepalmed.

"My dad is literally a god, I can do stuff with water...can you not piece together that my dad is a god with control over water?"

"So...like Poseidon?"

"Exactly like Poseidon." I mumbled. "Sometimes I wish Paul was my dad it would make my life easier."

My step dad patted my shoulder. "You know you don't mean that. Your dad cares about you."

I sighed. "I know that Paul, it just  doesn't change the schist I had to go through because of him."

Then I turned around and walked back towards the house.

"Where are you going?" Grandma spoke up as I got farther and farther away.

"I think I'm gonna go sit at the bottom of the pool. Naiads can't flirt with me there."

As I walked along the path, I picked at my sleeve. Why did I agree to coming here?

Well, I know why...I didn't want to stay at camp.

But...if I did...I could at least talk to Will or one of the other Apollo kids or Chiron or somebody.

I rolled my eyes at that thought. I don't want to talk to anybody about this. Feelings are stupid.

And if I do tell them...they'll just treat me differently.

Ask if I'm okay all the time. Ask me why I feel like this.

That would just repeat until I get more and more annoyed and I tell them that I'm completely fine...that I don't feel like this even when I do.

"Do you really blame me for this?" Dad's voice was soft as he sat with his feet in the water.

Sighing I sat beside him. "Not really you...it's just from you being my dad."

He gently took my hand. "I just want to know what's wrong...I know you told me some stuff but..."

I bit my lip, looking away from him. This is exactly what I was talking about.

"I don't know what's wrong Dad...Hades, this might not even be related to anything to do with you...maybe I'm supposed to be like this."

"No you are not. You deserve to be happy. And I should be making sure that you can be."

I opened my mouth to respond but then I thought for a moment.

"Can you...if it's not too much to ask...um can you stay here for a little bit?" I looked away.

Chuckling he ruffled my hair. "Why would that be too much to ask?"

"I mean you're a god so..."

"I'm also your father Perseus, and as long as we are within these barriers my brothers will have no knowledge of what occurs."

He pulled me close to his side.

"So I can spend as much time as I want with you."

Guess who's home sick and can like barely breath and kinda feels like they're gonna pass out

Also if you want this update more often you'll need to help with...

Ideas

I need to sleep or something

See yah