0.1

Numb. That's all I was: numb. I couldn't feel anything. All I could feel was the empty place in my chest where my heart was supposed to be. Instead of a heart, there were a million pieces of flesh. What my heart used to be.

I let out a frustrated scream as I stood in front of my mom's tomb stone. Why did it have to be my mom? Why did she have to go in so much pain?

People passing by in cars looked at me curiously, but I ignored them. Nothing could heal the pain my heart.

I clutched my hand over my mouth I stop the sobs from escaping my mouth loudly.

I know I looked like an idiot standing in the freezing cold rain at a mausoleum.

The funeral for my mom was poorly attended. There isn't a lot of people left in my family, now. Maybe my mom's one sister and her husband and a few friends, but that's all.

I pulled my hood over my head to stop from pulling my hair out.

My aunt came behind me and placed we hand tenderly on my shoulder. "Are you alright, Harley?"

"Yeah," I sighed. "I guess."

The truth is: I'm not fine at all. I wish that this was just some twisted dream.

"Are you ready to go, then?" She took her hand off of my shoulder and I could tell she was looking at me sympathetically.

I just nodded, not trusting my voice. I was swearing in my mind, worse than I ever have before.

I followed my aunt and her husband to their small four seat car and got in the back.

I could feel my makeup running down my face, drenched because of my tears and the rain. I was soaking wet, but I didn't care.

All I cared about was getting to my aunt's and crying myself to sleep.

"You'd better get some sleep, kid," Shane, my aunt's husband, said. "We've got a long drive to Washington."

"What's the plan to getting to Australia?" I asked.

"Well, first we're going to take the rental car back to Washington," she explained in her beginning Australian accent. "Then catch a plane there and fly to England. We're going to stay in a flat in England then fly the rest of the way to Australia." She turned around in the passenger seat and smiled at me.

"You look so much like your mother," she gushed. "It's painful."

I chuckled a little bit and looked out of the window, watching the unfamiliar place of Tennessee pass by.

My mom wanted to be buried in Tennessee - her home town.

I sighed and leaned the side of my head against the window. My dirty blind hair fell onto my face, tickling me slightly. I brushed it behind my ear.

It wasn't long before I fell asleep to a twisted dream.