Chapter 1:Carter Store

"Hey, Sidney!" I yell. "What?" She yells back. I walk upstairs. "I am going to the Carter's Store." I whisper. My mother has forbid us to go there. Many shootings or either amber alerts has happened around the store. She jumps off of her bed. "No! You can't!" She whispers harshly. "Please don't tell mom or dad." I say. She nods. I turn and run downstairs. "Mom! I am going over to Caitlin's!" I yell to mom. "Be back by dinner!" She yells back. I run out of our home. I run down the sidewalk. By the time I reach the store I am out of breath. The store is decorated with an arch that is surrounding the door. Designs are carved into the wall. Graffiti is on the concrete wall. I smile. I came here because this is where all of the cool kids go. And people think of me as a quiet and smart kid. They think I am a good child.

A man stops beside me. He grabs my wrist. "Let go of me." I grunt. I try to pry my wrist out of his grasp but he is clenching on. I kick his leg. He grabs my other wrist. "Let go of me!" I repeat in a yell. He slings me across to the door. I struggle out of his grasp and run down the sidewalk. I see him get into his car.

The thought of being kidnapped makes me run faster and faster. I see him come towards me. He jumps out of the vehicle and grabs me. "Shut up and I will not hurt you." He says in a raspy voice. I purse my lips together to stop myself from screaming. He slips me in his vehicle. "Buckle up." He says like a father as a man walks by. I put my seatbelt on, only knowing that buckling up will not help me escape. I breathe heavily as we pass my home. I know I may never see it again. By the time we get to the destination it is past my curfew. I see police cars head the way of my home. I want to scream "Here I am!". I try rolling down the windows but he has them locked. He opens the door for me and I stumble out. Tears swell in my eyes. "Are you going to kill me?" I say softly. "No. If you are quiet I won't." He says. He doesn't look much older than me. About 20 years old. Which I am 17. He takes me into what looks like a home. It looks like a home where a happy family is, but as I walk in what scares me is the bloodstain on the wall. I try to act as calm as possible. Like I am not scared. "Why do you want--need me?" I ask. He points yo the couch,telling me to sit down. "Every since my daughter died,I have told myself ever since she was born 'I will always have a beautiful daughter.', so I decides always have a daughter." He says. "That means you can find a woman and marry her and um...add additions?" I try not to laugh at the logic.

He gives me a glare. "No one had ever wanted me." He says softly. "I wonder why." I scoff. He looks at me. "I mean-I wonder why?" I repeat, softly.

What am I going to do? How am I going to get out of here? I am actually terrified.