Chapter 9: Come back

Hanji's POV

That night, I sat silently at my bed, about to burst into tears. I wondered what Levi could be doing or thinking. It made me more depressed. I layed down, staring at my phone, thinking if I should text him or not.

I slowly picked my phone up and texted Levi.

"Hey... Don't you want to sort things out?"

I waited for an answer but all he gave was a "seen". I tried again.

"Come on Levi I know you're there. Please. Let's just sort it out. No harm done."

Another "seen". I gave up. I put my phone down and cried on my bed. I burried my face on the pillow, not letting anyone know I'm crying. Heh. Who am I kidding? I'm alone....

I was still hoping for an answer. When there was none, I really gave up. I threw my phone across the room and the screen broke. I didn't care anymore.

I looked around my room, not being able to be still. There was something in my mind telling me to go to him. I don't know... Should I? The thought won't come off my mind. I'm losing it. I tried relaxing myself but still no use.

I can't take it anymore so I stood and dressed up. I walked over and looked around for Levi's house. Knocking at the door (gate's open), I can hear a piano playing.

Is that Levi?

I walked in because the door isn't locked again. I walked to Levi's room and pressed my ear on the door. He was playing the piano. It's such a lovely tune but sad at some time. Also he's....

Crying?...

I didn't want to interrupt but I knocked on his door. The piano suddenly stopped.... There was silence. He opened the door and there he was with a sad expression in his face and his hair all messed up. His room was untidy.... It's not like him to leave it like that.

Looking up at him, I hugged him. "Why not answer my messages?"

"I'm in no mood. Beside what's the point? I can't attend valentines anymore."

"I know but talk to the principal! Make a deal or something!"

"No I'd rather lock myself than go back to the place where everyone looks down at me."

"Levi..."

Levi's POV

I felt her warm hug and deep emotions. I pat her head, letting out a sigh. I do want to go back, but not with everyone thinking bad about me. Sure I am a bad boy... But not evil...

I pulled away from the hug. Stopping my tears from falling. I walked back in and put my hands on the keys of the piano. Hanji walked over, took an extra chair and sat next to me. I played soft and sad tunes. I looked slightly at her and she also have a sad expression.

I stopped playing and pulled Hanji close to me. Hugging her, I cried silently. I was stroking her head in the hug. Her soft body has enwrapped me. I closed my eyes.

"Hanji..."

"Yes?"

"Remember that day I told you to convince me?"

"Yes."

"Well... I did like you that time. Or should I say, since my first junior high school year here."

"T-then why? Why put me through all that?!"

"I wanted to make sure you're serious. You just said that you don't have anyone available in your class. I thought you had no choice but me."

"I did tell you that Erwin and Moblit aren't my type."

"My feelings have been played by a girl once. And it hurts. I made sure it won't happen again."

"Oh I see. But I wouldn't do that."

"You wouldn't know."

She let go of the hug and pulled over.

"Levi."

"Hm?"

"Come back... Please... there's still hope."

"You think so?"

"Of course!"

"Okay... I'll try."

I smiled...

***

She stayed at my house for hours. I took care of her for a while. She layed at my bed, she wore my clothes, I taught her piano. We did a lot of activities.

It felt nice... To be loved truelly. No jokes or any pranks. It's all pure love. I thought... She's the one.. And I was right.

I succeeded in impressing her, protecting her, and convincing her. Most importantly, I got her. And she won't leave my side.

Something tells me that I shouldn't let go of this precious flower. That she's my last chance. So I held a promise that I won't.

Hanji's POV

Everything's working out well with us two. I unlocked the side of him that he never show anyone. It felt nice.

Now the only thing left is...

Bring him back to school...

***

The next day, we went to school. He was in disguise. He wore a cap, a face mask and a jacket. I walked in the office. I took a deep breath, walking to the principal.

I explained things to her and tried convincing her. But it was hard. She was a difficult one. I tried and tried until she told me to call Levi. Levi went in the room, taking off his cap and mask. The principal looked at him.

They talked for a while about why he should come back. It felt like we were there for hours. Wait no.. We WERE there for hours. It took the principal a long time to decide until she started.

"I've decided. Sir Ackerman?"

"Yes ma'am?"

"Welcome back."

Me and Levi boomed with surprise and happiness.

Levi's back... He's back..