4. Madness or Highness at once?

Hey there, enjoy this extra long chapter!
~a

"Ufg.. what time is it?"
I rubbed my eyes looking at the window next by my bed seeing it was snowing but the sky was still dark and the night was shining into my room.
The room as quiet, I looked over to my room clock seeing it was 9:36 PM and I walked out of my room seeing that Emily let Sofía sleep on her bed as she was laying on the floor with a half opened blanket, I quietly went over there crouched and then put the blanket over her closing the door and then walking downstairs,
The tv was still on, So I lowered the volume and then switched channels, My favourite show just started. "What a coincidence, I just wanted to watch that." I whispered to myself. I sat down taking the blanket from the couch that was wrapped nicely, and watched the movie, After a while in the movie I didn't notice I had fallen asleep.
6:13 AM
"Why did I have to wake up so earl-"
Emily looked over to Kathy on the couch hugging the pillow and her messy curly hair.
"Kathy."
"5 minutes mom.."
"Did she just call me her mom?" Emily thought to herself as she was triggered.
"KATHY!"
"MO-" She woke up. "Oh shit.. " she said as she woke up looking at Emily's triggered face.
"Good morning sweetheart! Ready to go to school?" Emily said sarcastically.
"Stop bullying me," Kathy stood up walking upstairs to the bathroom to clean up.
She knocked on the bathroom seeing if Sofía was in there.
No answer. So Kathy walked in and yup the bathroom was empty,
Later.
"Good morning Emily and Kathy"
Sofía looked at Emily with her eye corner seeing she was still in her pjyamas.
"Emily you realize we only got a day left for the dance right?" Kathy was making tea and coffee for her dormmates.
"Oh yeah, Good thing we got almost everything."
"What dance are you two talking about?" Sofía sat next to Emily.
"There's a dance tomorrow because of our school hitting 2,000 students apparently, It doesn't make much sense but.."
"Oh.. Well I don't have anything so I'm not thinking of going" Sofía responded to Emily.
"Come on! You can wear one of my dresses and then we can go together!"
Emily looked at Sofía.
"Are you guys already skipping me for a date?"
Kathy sat down infront of them placing their warm drinks infront of them.
"No!"
Sofía and Emily said at the same time.
"I mean..."
Emily said as she was embarrassed.
"Pft, you two are cute."
"Alright, I'll come but it's not a date!"
Sofía said.
"Yeah yeah, As you wish."
Kathy laughed and took a sip from her coffee.
Later.
"Where are you going Kathy?"
"For a jog."
I answered Emily as she came from upstairs.
"In the afternoon? We should be getting ready to get our finally touches done."
"Well yeah but it's only 2:25 PM, And my jog won't be that long okay?"
"Have fun with Sofía."
I winked to her as a joke.
I closed the door and started to run in the city, The city was crowded as usual, Parents and their kids, business people, Edgy game nerds,
I was running as I felt my hair flying in the wind, I was a bit out the tiny city now near our school and I saw a familiar face,
The guy with dark brown hair and the grey eyes again. He was wearing a sweater and was looking down to his expensive phone.
I looked away and ran back to our dorm.
I walked upstairs opening the girls dorm bedroom and saw them in two dresses.
"Holy crap! You guys look so good!"
I was shocked.
"Well yeah, Sofía is really talented in fashion, She keeps denying it whatsoever."
"I see.. You guys are gonna be the two queens of the dance I swear."
"Well.."
Sofía shrugged.

Asher and his family's pov.

"Mrs Hales, your son is here to see you."
A guard knocked and opened the fancy glass door from their custom built apartment.
"Let him in."
The woman said as she was looking at the view from the city.
Asher walked into the room walking next to her.
"What's do you want from me Asher?"
The woman said straight-forward.
"How did you know I was going to ask you something?.. Anyways I was gonna need you to contact the clothing designers department."
Asher said as he had his hand in his custom pants' pocket.
"Son, you know you could of did that yourself..."
"Oh, I know but since you are on a higher position than myself and that department manager is being an ass."
Asher said as he rolled his eyes.
"Manners when you are around me Asher Hales, you are almost 19 years old and yet you still act like a little child."
"Yeah I get it mother. And about the party.. Your dress was finished and I delivered it here."
"Thank you my son.. But stop changing subjects so quickly okay, Now tell me what your dance plans are."
"What do you mean plans? Mother, you don't think I will actually get a date?"
The woman chuckled.
"Who is Kathy then, my son?"
She directly turned back to Asher which was sitting on the white couch placed in the room.
"What do you mean Kathy?"
He lied.
"The driver has spotted you with two women at the Clane Hospital, he confirms one of the women were confirmed to be Kathy Jones?"
"I'm sorry mother.. But the two women are uh.. Actually the new trainees that were hired and I had to give them a tour around the buildings that we were allied to."
"I hope you are right son.."
She went to the makeup table taking her brush and brushing her dark brown big curled hair.
"The girl Kathy.. I checked the camera's from the department below and she actually seemed pretty.. nice."
The woman looked back at Asher from her mirror.
"I don't know a lot about her nor need to,
Now excuse me mother. I have a last business meeting left to attend."
Asher stood up and closed the door.
"This girl.. He seems to have an effect on him.. it makes him different.. Maybe she could be the correct light to the darkness, am I right?"
She chuckled.
Asher walked to the office room taking the files and continued walking to the meeting area.
"Where is Mrs Hales?"
Some people were whispering as I looked from them with my eye corner while putting my jacket by the hanger.
"She won't be doing the meeting today, I am."
I said looking at the low position trainees..
"And who may you be?"
"Asher Hales, Executive Director of the few companies."
I turned around to the girls which were shocked.
"We are so sorry Mr Hales!"
"Don't make me seem old.."
I walked to the front of the table as the other positions arrived.
"Welcome to the training business meeting, I am Asher Hales, Executive Director of the few companies known as the son of Mrs Hales, The chairwoman, This business meeting will be about the new schedules, break times. What you should do and tips of promotions."
Later,
Kathy and the dorm-mates pov.
5:27 pm
I stood infront of the mirror, wearing the dark red knee dress that was like a mermaid tail shaped, I had wore black heels under it which were
My hair was curled, I had it in a big bun with fresh curls and I had some dark lipstick on,
"These heels are gonna kill meee!"
I tried walking down the stairs while holding the side tightly, a few moments later I came downstairs seeing the girls completely dressed up,
"You two look amazing! heheh.."
I sighed as I survived almost from falling down those stairs and literally hitting my head.
"Kathy, you look really good aswell! Holdup I swear I had something."
Sofía went to the kitchen counter taking a fake rose flower from the bag which she got from the store, She came to Kathy and put it by her bun.
"Now it looks better."
"Are you guys ready to go?"
I said.
"Kathy I'm worried for you.. It's been snowing and it will and yet you wear such thin jackets and clothes, take a winter coat with you this time."
Emily walked to the storage and took a black winter coat and put it around her shoulder and Kathy took it from her shoulders and wore it.
"Let's go."
I closed the doors as we were outside and got onto the car and drove off to the party hall.
Later
6:01
"Hello ladies, May I get your name?"
The door lady guard said.
"Kathy Jones. These two are with me."
"Sorry Miss Kathy, It seems like Mrs Asher has not responded to the request yet."
"Who said?"
Asher came from the back wearing a black suit and his hair done nicely.
"I accepted their request now."
He said after.
"Sorry about that Mr Hales."
"You ladies can go."
Suddenly the two girls walked faster into the hall leaving me with Asher.
"You look decent."
He said as he looked straight.
"Thank you, you don't look so bad either."
The party had songs going on, people were dancing all around while one drunk guy already hit me by shoulder and I was about to fall, But Asher had catched me by my back, looking straight into my eyes.
"Watch out next time, I'm not always with you am I?"
"Okay.."
He let me go as I stood normally now.
"Thank you again, Asher."
"It's fine."
We walked to a bar he sat by the corner.
"Can I get some water?" He had asked the bartender.
"You don't drink?" I asked him.
"That's what young business men do oftenly, I'm not the type." He said as he looked right next to me, he quickly drank his water. "Sorry about the inconvenience, I will get going now. Got some things to do." He walks away as I catched Emily and Sofía by the corner walking up to me. "Girl what was that?" Sofía whispered to me. I answered her,
"Just being friendly."
"Are you serious?! It looked more like you two are newly wedded couple!"
Emily says.
"Relax! Emily! We're not even a couple!"
"Hello ladies, enjoying the night?"
The woman with brown curly hair walks up to them, holding a wine glasses.
"Yeah we are, Who may you be?"
"The schools business alliance partner," The woman said.
"Nora Hales."
What the heck??!
More Hales?
I thought to myself, Why is literally half of the party filled with the Hales family..
Wait..
I heard those last names before twice...
Ace Hales and Asher Hales..
And now Nora Hales.. She looks so young, maybe this is their sister?
Suddenly the microphone went.
"Hello students and my dear alliance partner's and their family, We gladly invited you guys for this enjoyment party of us hitting two thousand students and the graduation of the seniors. I hope you guys have a lovely night and don't get too high."
Pft.. I thought to myself.
Suddenly Asher came back.
"Mother?"
Wait wait waiiitt...
The fuck. Did he just say mother.
"What are you doing with these ladies here?"
Asher asked, as a slow dance came on.
The woman made an angry face at him,
He sighed looking at me.
"Kathy, you wanna dance?"
He offered me his hand.
I looked at Emily and she moved her head in the pose as yes.
"Okay.. I will gladly dance with you."
I held his hand and we went to the dance floor.
"I assume you don't know how to dance by the look of your face? It's okay, follow what I say."
He holds my hand and puts it on my shoulder
"Why do you trust me so much? You don't seem the easy trusting type.." I look at him.
"You're right, I'm not but.. you just seem the trustworthy type.. I can usually sense it somehow.."
I felt as if a lot of people looked at us, Not everyone but like.. The queen bee and everything.
"Oh my god?!?! She gets to dance with the Asher Hales while I get broke boys!"
A girl gets angry at the back.
"That's really nice.. but I'm honestly not that nice of person.." I looked the other way.
"I'm sorry about that."
He said as he continued to move with me with the slow rhythm.
"Though I barely know you, I think you're a nice person."
He said as he looked to the dark brown haired woman at the bar with his eye corner.
She must be enjoying herself watching me dance with innocent women literally about to ruin their life by paparazzi.
Asher thought to himself.
He looked back to the dancing people as he saw with his other eye that Kathy was frowning.
"Are you alright?"
Asher looked at her.
"No.. I'm sorry I have to dance with you, I saw that you were forced to dance with me."
He sighed.
"It's okay.. Rich families can be like that sometimes."
"Then rich families really sucks."
I looked next to him, being quite embarrassed as I was dancing to this tall rich and successful man.
The slow song ended, finally.
I went up to the girls to go to the bathroom though they just tagged along.
"The girl is pretty cute afterall,"
The woman said to Asher as he came and sat by the bar.
"Where's your brother?"
She said. "He didn't want to come." Asher lied afterwards.
"There is something I noticed from that girl..She is really different of how other women interact with you."
The woman with dark brown hair said.
"You know what I mean? Like most women just flirt and fan girl over you." The women said again.
"Oh is that so?"
"It is my son. Trust me it is.."
And suddenly a tall man a little bit shorter than Asher walked in, He had a dark grey eyes, they were very similar to Asher's. Except the man had dark hair.
The woman was shocked.
"What is he doing here? Did you not say he wouldn't come?"
Asher remains silent and walks away.
"Asher?!"
The women sighed and flipped one of her curl in her hair.
Kathy finally came out of the bathroom with her friends and were standing by a little table.
"Don't you think it's a little late guys?"
Sofía says as she looked around for a clock.
"It's only 8:14 PM, You're quite right though, it's been 2 hours so quickly."
Emily says afterwards.
"I guess staying a bit longer wouldn't hurt."
Emily says as she looked at Kathy which was pretty silent looking onto the dance party noticing the man and he notices her aswell.
He walks towards the little table.
"Hey ladies and Kathy, It's been a while."
"Ohh, who's this?"
Sofía whispers to Emily.
Emily whispered to her back.
"That's the guy she bumped onto in a store."
"So are you doing well?"
The man said.
"Yeah.. I- Of course."
Kathy stuttered.

ah hope you kids enjoyed this chapter!
more coming soon! Stay tuned!