Chapter one: Lost

"Rain I'm not going, this is a very stupid idea in the first place" I said crossing my arms "come on Alice it will be fun" "Rain a blind date fun? have you lost your mind, you set me up with a total stranger, I mean who knows what he will do to me" "I don't know Alice maybe you will have fun" she said as she pushed her dark brown hair out of her face. "she is right Alice you might have fun" Natalia said teasingly "I'm not going and that is final" "please Alice just this once and if you don't like it I won't ever do this again" rain begged.

I tried looking away from rain, but I couldn't do it, I sighed "but what will I wear?" Natalia and rain squealed. "okay I have this dress, it is cream colored, it is perfect for you." Rain is the girly girl out of the three of us, she is always talking about boys and clothes and hair and basically anything a girl would talk about, Natalia is the athlete of the group, she played any and every sport that she could possibly do. then there's me, alice, the quiet, shy one, the one who stayed to herself.

"Okay Alice the date is tomorrow night at 8 so we are going to the spa so you look amazing" rain said clasping her hands together. "so I take it that I'm staying at your house tonight" "uh YES!! I mean why wouldn't you, I'm like your best friend beside Natalia."

I packed a bag for the night at Rains, my parents were away for the week so I have the house to myself. great you would think but not really, I mean when you here home alone you think of parties and late nights but no, I really didn't bother with parties at my house because my parents always find out.

We soon arrived at rains house, and I was tired it was only 8:30, I really didn't do anything to be tired I just am. after we went in I changed into some shorts and a tank top and got in bed, Rain and Natalia did the same.

Since we grew up together we had no problem sleeping In the same bed. I wasn't very excited about the whole blind date thing, I mean after what happened withy last 'boyfriend' I thought I would never date again. But some how rain talked me into it.

The next day rain and Natalia were up before me, I could hear them laughing and carrying on. I got up and walked to rains closet, of course it is a walk in closet knowing her parents are rich rain gets what ever she wants.

"What are you doing?" I asked "we are trying to pick your outfit out Alice" Natalia said with a smile on her face, I rolled my eyes "what is so important about this date?" rain and Natalia looked at each other "Alice, Natalia and I found our mates, we want you to have one too." I smiled a little "I love that you two are looking out for me, isn't possible that I don't have a mate, I mean look at me, who could love this?" "we do we love you alice, we just want to to be happy that's all" "okay this is the last time you two set me up with anyone okay?" they both shook there heads rapidly.

"Sit alice we picked put some dresses we want your opinion" I smiled "okay." I looked at at least 14 or 15 dresses before deciding "that one" I saw this beautiful red sundress that I really liked "I want to wear that one" rain handed it to me "go try it on!!" I walked back to the bathroom and put it on, I really didn't like wearing dresses because I didn't like the way they looked on me, but I liked this one.

"Alice come out we want to see!" rain said excitedly "alright here I come" I walked out and rain and Natalia stood there gapping "Alice you look...Hot" rain said "its perfect he will love it" the dress was just a few inches above my knees, strapless, and well beautiful. "thanks" I said smiling "alice I have the shoes that go with it" rain took off back to her closet "here" she handed me red flats, that matched the dress "thank you rainy" "your welcome alice."

we left the house about 3 to go to the spa. we stayed to hours there, getting our hair and makeup done. I started to get hungry "can we get something to eat please?" "Okay what do you want" rain said looking at me "I really don't care as long as it is food" "alright I guess Chinese then" I nodded my head rapidly.

We left the mall and soon was back a rains house "alice you need to get ready, it is 7:30" "okay" I walked back to rains room, put on the dress and shoes, then walked back down stairs.

"He will be here in minuet" rain said smiling. I smiled back hoping she would see how nervous and scared I was. there was a knock at the door "i got it" rain said running to the front door. "alice! it's for you" I stood up and walked toward rain, who was walking away from the door "it's him!!" she whispered.

When I approached the door, I couldn't believe my eyes, rain and Natalia just didn't set me up with a guy, they set me up with a hot guy. "you must be alice" he said with his sexy muscular voice "I'm Michael" "hi" I said in a shy way. "are you ready?" he asked holding his hand out to me, i nodded rapidly, be cause I was speechless.

"Rain, Natalia I'm leaving now" I said still looking at him. "okay alice have fun" they both said smiling. he opened the car door for me and then he got in. we were soon on the road "may I ask where we are going" he smiled "that I can't tell you, but we are almost there."

We arrived at this beautiful lake, it sparkled with in the moon light which made it look enchanting, on the sand I could see a blanket and a basket, he took my hand "come on Alice."

I sat down on the blanket and so did Michael "you look beautiful" he said i smiled "thank you" I couldn't help but look into his blue eyes, everything about him was perfect, his smile, eyes, his laugh, everything. I never thought that I would fall for a guy that I barely knew.

"Are you hungry?" he asked "uh yeah" I said shyly. he reached into the basket and grabbed two salads "I didn't know what you liked so I made this" I smiled "I love salad."

after we finished eating I just laid back on the blanket to look at the stars, Michael did the same "it's so beautiful" I said "yeah it is." I kinda moved closer to him "what's wrong" "I chuckled "I'm cold. he sat up "come here" I moved into his arms "better?" he said "much."

I felt safe in his arms which is very unusual for me, I don't know why, but i did feel safe there, I didn't want to move, I wanted to be with him, like I was somehow drawn to him. I could feel his muscular body against mine, I could feel him breathing, I could hear his heart beating. "Michael" "yes Alice" "do you believe in mates?" He smiled "why do you ask" "I don't know it's just my friends have mates but I don't" "I believe in love, so yes I do believe in mates."

"Can I ask you something" he said "I looked at him "anything" "can I kiss you" I looked at him "u-u-h...yes"

I sat up and looked at him, he brushed my hair back and kissed me. at first it was just a peck, then he wanted entrance to my mouth, I let him, his tongue fought playfully with mind. I pulled back gasping for air and looked at him, his eyes were solid black, he pulled my back to him and kissed me again "mate" he whispered.