flowers bloom

Sakura made a strawberry cake while Yozakura watched with an excited smile. Sakura glanced at her and wiped some batter on her daughter's nose making Yozakura giggle. "Mama!" The pink haired woman gave a smile as she poured the cake mix into a pan. "Your father will be home soon. We need to make sure we have everything for your birthday before he gets here." Yozakura's green eyes glanced around seeing the hot food on the small kitchen table, purple bolloons we tied to the chair she would sit in and purple and streamer hanged from the ceiling. "We are only missing the cake!" Yozakura claimed while Sakura put the cake in the oven.

Itachi walked through the village of Getsugakure carrying wrapped gifts. The village was quiet, everyone keep to themselves and Itachi liked that. He caught veiw of their tiny house in the distance. It was simple humble and small, perfect for a small family in Itachi's opinion. He walked closer and could smell the food his lover had cooked for dinner. He walked in quietly only to hear light foot steps approched quickly. "Papa!" She hugged him knocking the presants out of his hands. He gave a pleased look. She had just turned five, her jet black hair was alittle passed her shoulders with messy bangs that hung just above her green eyes. She keep her hair in low pig tails usually but today her hair was down. "Happy birthday Yoza..." He greeted before picking her and the gifts up. He walked to the kitchen and watched Sakura for a moment then spoke, "I believe you lost your helper." She smiled at him and took the gifts. "Welcome home... She set the table by herself." "I set the table and put the ingredients in the cake." Yozakura announced. "Very good..." He put her down to make tea.

Itachi relaxed and listened to Yozakura talk of all she and her mother had done while he was gone. The faces she made favored  Sakura heavily and Itachi found it amusing. The cake was soon made and they had dinner before  celebrating Yozakura's birthday. She happyily opened her three gifts. She received a new purple and white outfit, a new doll and her first Shuriken. She started at the sharp old metal then looked at her father. "You will began your training this week." She smiled brightly at his words. "I'm gonna be a ninja!" Sakura smiled at her excited tone then made eye contact with her lover. This wasn't the life she expected. It wasn't the life she planned but she couldn't be more happy with the simple live she had now. She was a stay at home mother for now but when Yozakura started school she would begin working part time at the local hospital. Itachi worked at one of the tea shops in the village. Yozakura played with her new doll in her room while Sakura cleaned the kitchen until Itachi grabbed her from behind and kissed her neck lightly, she relaxed into him with a happy sigh before he let go of her and helped clean up the kitchen.

The family got ready for bed and the next day that waited them. Itachi stared out the bedroom window. Sakura watched him bit before she could ask what was wrong he spoke, "I have been thinking... I can't return to the village but you and Yoza can. You should visit your family allow them to meet Yoza. She should know her grandparents." Sakura gave a sad smile at his words and nodded. "Okay... I guess we can leave tomorrow." Itachi nodded before swiftly turning from the window to get into bed. Sakura gave a light blush and kissed his cheek. "Yozakura is five now... You were five when Sasuke was born right?" He stared at his wife's cute blush blankly, "are you pregnant?" He asked making her blush increase. "No no of course not! I mean I don't think so I just... I was wondering if or when you wanted another child. We didn't even talk about having kids before Yozakura an- he cut her off with a light kiss to the lips. "We can talk about this at a later time." She smiled at his words before snuggling next to him. She and Yozakura would have a long journey for a five year old and knew without Itachi she would have her hands full.

The next day Itachi woke and kissed his daughter and wife good bye before leaving for work. Yozakura ate breakfast with a smile, all seemed normal. Sakura smiled at her daughter wondering how to bring up the news. "Yoza... I was thinking of taking a trip just you and me for a little bit. What do you say?" "That sounds fun! Where are we going?" She asked in an excited tone. "Konoha. Daddy and I were born there. Your grandparents life there and I'm sure they would love to me you." "Okay! I'll go back!" She hurried off to her room making Sakura smile and shake her head. Yozakura didn't remind her of herself nor of Itachi personality wise but she was glad she had her own personality. They left shortly after packing and Yozakura skipped and hummed for a couple of miles but soon grew tired and Sakura gave her a piggy back ride the rest of the way allowing the child to sleep when needed.