Chapter One

John Winchester looked over Bobby Singer's shoulder at the World News newspaper.

The headlines read "Unnatural Deaths in Plains, Montana."

The article went on to explain the details of the investigation the police there were doing.

Bobby grinned up at John. "This sounds like a hunt right up our alley, don't it?" he asked.

It had been a slow two weeks with no hunts for the two to take care of.

They had become so restless that Mary, John's wife had told them to find something to do to get them out of her hair for a while.

So, they were in the bunker looking over the world news.

"The victims were mangled. It's werewolves, maybe." John replied, though he wasn't entirely sure.

"Not far. A day or two drive at the most. Want to go?" Bobby asked, already knowing his hunter partner's answer.

"Sure. Let us stop at my house so I can grab some clothes and tell Mary." John said.

"Fine. Get the truck started. I'll grab my bag." Bobby replied.

While John went to start the truck and go over the supplies they had and stock up on the ones they didn't, Bobby went and packed a small bag with all the necessaries he needed, including money they may need on the trip.

Once at the Winchester home John walked into the house and called out to Mary.

"What is it, dear?" Mary asked as she came to the living room. She held their almost one year old son, Dean in her arms.

"Bobby and I found a hunt in Plains, Montana. We're going to dispose of what seems like werewolves. We'll be gone for probably a week, Mary. Maybe two weeks depending on how strong they are and if we can find them." John told his wife.

"Okay. Just be careful. I don't want you two hurt again." Mary said.

John quickly packed his own bag and left the house after giving a final farewell to Mary.

He hopped in the truck and Bobby and him drove off to Plains, Montana.

-------- ---- ---- ----

Thirty five hours later John Winchester and Bobby Singer drove past the 'Welcome to Plains, Montana' sign.

It had taken longer than expected because the truck broke down, luckily Bobby, the great mechanic, was able to fix it after getting the parts.

Since it was dark by the time they got there they checked into a hotel and slept for the night.

First thing in the morning they got what information they could from the Plains Police Department, the people who were involved on the case of murders.

With fake FBI identities they were able to hear more detailed descriptions of what happened to the people who were killed.

Apparently, there were claw shape marks on the victims bodies. The marks were deep and long.

So far there had been five murders. They all had the same marks on them.

John and Bobby then split up to ask the locals about what had happened.

They didn't learn much from them though as they all seemed to not care or didn't want to talk to strangers.

The two hunters finally gave up around two o'clock that afternoon.

-------- ---- ---- ----

Bobby sat down heavily in the driver's seat of the truck. John settled in as well.