Chapter One: Engagement

Rey tries to ignore the blaring sound of her alarm clock on top of her bedside table, until she can no longer bear it, and with irritation, she grabs it before taking off it's batteries out.

A knock came upon her door before it creaks open and a tall man with graying beard entered.

"Aren't you supposed to get ready for school?" Obi asked as he stood near the edge of her bed, hands buried in his pockets. In his blue v-neck sweater, white crisp shirt and black pants, he doesn't look that all intimidating. He doesn't even look like a Mafia lord at all. But Rey is well aware of her family's dark secrets; his grandpa's connections with the police, corrupt politicians, prostitution, racketeering, and drug trafficking. How else could they afford a mansion in a rich ass neighbourhood? The thought of it all makes her sick to the stomach, but what can she do? They are, after all, her family.

"I don't feel like going," she grunts, ignoring him by using her phone, "what do you even want? I know you're always busy doing shit. You only talk to me when you need something," her words came surprisingly colder than she intended, "just get on with it."

Obi sighs before taking a sit on her chair near her study table, "You're friends with Poe right?" He began.

Rey lifts an eyebrow before putting down her phone, "Poe Dameron, yeah, why?"

"I've arranged with his parents for you two to get married by before winter," he spills without hesitation.

Rey's eyes bulge in disbelief. Obi straightened. She slowly rolls out of bed, still unable to process his words.

"What in the actual fuck?" She thundered, turning scarlet with anger.

Obi is displeased and he rose to full height, "Don't take that tone with me young lady."

"I'm only 17," she argues. Rey came to realize that his grandfather planned for her to marry before her 18th birthday, by that time, he won't be able to control her. Poe Dameron is the son of a politician who is planning to run for Mayor of Aster City, with their marriage, the two family will have total control over city. Obi will help Poe's father win the election and when he's mayor, Obi will have control on most part of the city to widen their territory and further their illegal businesses without getting caught. All their trails of dirt getting swept under a rug.

"As long as you live under my house, you will abide with my rules," he growled furiously, "What's done is done. You will meet with Poe tonight at a restaurant and I expect you to be there."

Rey felt hot tears stream down her cheeks after Obi turns around and walks out. She quickly wipes them off before grabbing a denim jacket from her closet and her school bag hanging behind her door. She rushed out wearing only a black and white pajama bottom, and  a thin white fitted tee covered with her denim jacket that has a word designed at the back that says, "Rebel." She puts on her furry black slip ons, and donned her black helmet. Satine, her grandmother sees her stomping out their huge mansion, "Rey darling, are you alright?" She asks with worry with a hand on her chest and a tea cup on the other.

"Fantastic," came her sarcastic reply without even glancing her way.

"Rey, where do you think you're going in that?" Her mother Sabine, who is enjoying a cup of tea in their front lawn garden in her custom made pastel blue dress, asks in horror.

"Anywhere but here," she snaps and she climb unto her motorbike, started the engine and drives away in a roaring flight.

======

"Can I borrow your black card?" Rey begs Finn, her best friend in the locker hall.

Finn raised an eyebrow after looking at her from head to toe, "what happened? Did your grandpa kick you out?"