Prologue

Guys

I know I should be concentrating on the existing stories rather than starting a new one. But the thing is that I was watching the rewind episodes of IPK and suddenly this idea popped into my head and I couldn't concentrate on the other plots before typing it down. So I typed it and thought to share it with you people. Hope you all will like it.

P. S.: This is the first-ever story I am writing with most of the characters from the original plot as it is ... but yeah of course with my own twists and turns.

Maahi

RM (Shantivan), New Delhi, India

It was 11.30 in the morning and the Raizada ladies along with Mama Ji were sitting in the living room talking about random things when the doorbell rang. Before anybody could get up Anjali who was sitting nearest to the door said. 

Anjali: Hum dekhte hain (I will see)

Mami: Par (But) ... Anjali Bitiya

Anjali: It is okay Mami ... I will see

She walked to the door limping and opened it with a smile which grew broader seeing a familiar face and she greeted cheerfully. 

Anjali: Aman Ji ... aap? (You?)

Aman: (Smiling) ... Ji (Yes)

Anjali: Arrey vaha kyu gade ho ... aap andar aayiye na (Hey ... why are you standing there ... you please come inside)

Aman: Nahi Ma'am ... mein to bas ASR ko yeh file dene aaya tha (No Ma'am ... I just came to give this file to ASR)

Anjali: Tho? ... andar aake kuch peene se kuch nahi hoga ... aap chaliye ... aur haan, it's Anjali (So? ... nothing will happen if you come in and drink something ... you come ... and yes, it's Anjali)

Saying this Anjali walked inside the house followed by Aman. He came inside and greeted everyone. Seeing him here on a Sunday Nani asked

Nani: Aman Bitwa ... aap yaha ... ravivar ko? (You here  ... on Sunday?)

Aman: Ji ... voh mein yeh file ASR ko dene aaya tha (Yes ...I came here to give this file to ASR) ... aap please unhe bulalenge? (Will you please call him?) ... Mein thoda jaldi mein hoon ... (as I am a little busy)

Nani: Arrey ... aise kaise ... aap please bait jaiye Bitwa ... (Loudly) ... Hari Prakash ... Aman Bitwa ke liye ek coffee layiye please (Hari Prakash ... please bring a coffee for Aman Bitwa)

Anjali: Aur aap yeh file hume dedijiye ... hum Chote ko denge ... (You please give this file to me ... I will give it to Chote)

Aman: It's okay Ma'am ... I will give it to ASR ... aap kahiye voh kahan hain? (You please tell me where is he?). (Gulping) ... I mean ... I don't want to trouble you

Anjali: Isme trouble vali baat kya hain ... aap dijiye (What is the troublesome matter in this ... give it to me)

Aman knows that he can't give that file to Anjali so he hugged that to himself. But soon he realized that he can't refuse her anymore because everybody was looking at him as if he became mad. He prayed to God to help himself from the misery and as if his prayers were heard his boss appeared on the top of the stairs visibly worried at the correct time. But soon Aman saw him composing himself and heard his ever commanding voice and sighed in relief.

Arnav: Oh Aman ... you came

Aman: Yes ASR ... the file you asked for

Anjali extended her hand thinking that she will pass it to Arnav. But before Anjali could get hold of it Arnav almost came running to them and took the file and held it with the front cover facing himself. 

Arnav: Thanks, Aman ... see you 

Anjali: Chote ... this is too much ... he will leave after the coffee

Arnav: Yeah ... (Shrugging) okay ... and Di ... this is an important deal ... so I will be a little busy ... please don't disturb me unless it is important ... I  ... I will be in the study

Nani: Aaj ravivar hain Chote ... aaj bhi kaam karna zaroori hain? (Today is Sunday Chote ... is it necessary to work today?)

Arnav: I know Nani ... but ... this can't be postponed ... it's ... (Gulping) ... it's very important

Saying this and sharing a look with Aman Arnav ran up the stairs taking two steps at a time and seeing his eagerness Mami said.

Mami: Arnav Bitwa tho aise jaa rahe hain jaise use koi love letter mile ... aur vo darta hain ki hum vo dekhe (Arnav Bitwa is running away as if he had received a love letter ... and he is afraid that we will see them) ... hello hi bye bye

Aman gave her an if only look and Anjali and Mama Ji shook their heads while Nani got angry as Mami said it in front of an outsider and said in reprimanding voice.

Nani: Manorama ... apna bakwaas band Karo (Manorama ... stop your nonsense)

Mami: Saasu ma ... I was just

Nani: Chup rahiye (Please shut up)

Mami shrugged her shoulder and kept quiet not wanting to anger her more and Anjali and Mama Ji sighed in relief. Aman stood up after finishing his coffee and said.

Aman: Teek hain ... ab main chalta hoon (Okay ... I am leaving now) ... Namaste (Bye)

They all nodded their head in answer before Nani left to her room asking Anjali to call her during lunch after passing a glare to Mami while Anjali, Mami, and Mama Ji continued their talk, and Akash who came after meeting a friend too joined them.