Chapter One

"Rose, come on you gotta speak to him. Stop being a chicken." My best friend Juliene is pushing me to speak to my crush, Rudy. Hell no, I'm not gonna let myself get hurt.

"No, i will not! What if he has a girlfriend? What if he's not interested in black females?"

That's usually the case. If i like a boy at my school, I assume most of the time that he's interested in white or hispanic girls. I know, it's stupid. He probably doesn't even know i exist.

"What if he is? You'll only know if you speak to him. You have to try."

I rolled my eyes and huffed. I heard footsteps come up the school stairway and i glanced to see who it was.

It was him. Rudy Diaz. His name is actually Ferdinand, but he prefers to be called by his middle name. He is so cute. He has a slim tall figure, brown floofy hair, hazel eyes, tan skin, full lips, a cute boyish mustache, and ray bans. I could describe him all day if i could. I bet he's a really good kisser.

I watched as Rudy shuffled over to chat with his friends. The people he interacts with are idiots. So he is an idiot as well, a cute idiot at that.

Me and Julie listened closely as he conversated with his pals. I wasn't really paying attention to what they are talking about, what I was really paying attention to is Rudy. He looked in my direction and caught me staring, then waved along with a smile. My heart began beating faster as i made a shocked expression. Rudy's friends turned around to see who he waved at, which made me nervous and that was a signal for me to get the hell out of there. I grabbed Julie's hand and rushed down the stairs with her behind me.

"Aww, he waved at you." Julie cooed.

"Yeah, because he was uncomfortable." I rolled my eyes.

"Ugh, get to class, I'll see you after school." Julie spoke as she marched her way to Health class.

I walked my way to history and I saw him again. I was panicking internally and walked faster. I guess he didn't see me because i didn't hear his deep voice.

I opened the classroom door and realized i was late. My teacher opened his mouth to say something. "Sorry, Mr. Willis, won't happen again." He simply nodded and i sat in my desk and pulled out my notebook.