{one-shot-part-2}

A/N: So, yes, this story was a one-shot. It was, but I decided that it needed to be more since everyone seemed so wanting of another part. This will be the last part for sure, so I hope you enjoy this as much as you enjoyed the last! 

Hermione was on cloud nine the next morning. The accursed ministry event had actually turned out to be one of the most wonderful evenings she'd ever had. Of course, that was a lot to say in her nineteen years, but she still felt as though it were true. She had been accompanied by the man who'd been steeling her attentions for months now, and there was nothing more she could have asked from him. 

Severus Snape wasn't the most romantic wizard to have ever existed, but he'd been him when he asked her to be his which was the least Hermione could have asked for. They'd parted so unwillingly when they returned to the school that it nearly pained her to walk away. 

Still, she'd gone to bed and rested blissfully as thoughts of a very promising future laid before her and Severus. 

It still felt weird to call him such a thing as she sat in the Great Hall for breakfast that next morning, a smile stuck to her face as though it'd been glued there. Thinking of him as anything more than Professor Snape would most likely be a challenge, yet it was one she would happily take into account. 

Hermione sipped on a strong brew of tea and closed her eyes as she enjoyed the quiet hum of the hall, students slowly coming and going as they pleased. 

"Hey, you!"

Opening her eyes, Hermione watched Ginny tossed herself onto the bench across from her and grabbed at food, reminding her much like her brother. 

"Hey, how was your night?" She asked politely, not wanting to stop thinking about her evening, but trying to be good to her friend. 

"Oh, brilliant, really. Harry just brought me back a bit ago, I stayed the night at his place," Ginny winked cheekily. 

Hermione only shook her head. 

"And you?" Ginny asked, obviously trying to switch the topic away from herself. 

"I had a wonderful night," she lavished, happy to indulge anyone who asked in how she'd felt about her night of dancing and black robes, "Severus is just so... so much more than even I thought he was."

"So he's Severus is he?" 

Hermione brightened, cheeks warming just at the look her friend was giving her, "Well, I'm not going to carry on calling him Professor Snape, now, am I?" 

"I bloody hope not, that would make the sex a little awkward, wouldn't it?" A raised eyebrow on the redhead was pushing it, let alone that comment. 

"Ginevra Weasley!"

"Hey, no need for the dramatics, I'll let you keep your pants on for now," Ginny defended, her hands up in surrender, but she couldn't keep up the serious face for long. 

Hermione was amused by her friend, but the amused look fell when she saw from the corner of her eye, Severus walk into the hall and make his way up to the high table. He had caught her eye for but a moment, looking pleased, but continued on attempting to keep a semblance of normalcy, which she understood and appreciated. 

She wondered briefly if she was going to continue getting her private lessons before a paper was rudely dropped in front of them. 

Ginny gave her small owl a treat and then tore through the ties to see if the Honor Ball had made it into the paper. 

Hermione continued chewing on her food, taking a few bites of toast, while she attempted to keep from staring at the man swathed in black up at the Professor's table. He was magnetic, really, and she only wished she could go up there and talk to him endlessly.