Clouds

Love. It's such an amazing feeling. I'm so in love with my Liam. Every time I'm around you I am me, but better. When we're together, laughing or kissing, it feels like we're the only two people on Earth. I feel so happy, so confident, so alive since I fell in love with the person that fell in love with me.
I feel like I'm in the clouds right now, but really we're just cuddling naked in the passenger seat of his car parked in an empty parking at the back of an abandoned building.

"I love this little moments with you.", he said while kissing the top of my head.

"Me too", I smiled.

"We should get going. We both have class in a few."

"Can't we just stay like this?", I whined and he chuckled.

I hear a phone ring... "Is that mine?"

He checked his phone and said, "No, it's mom calling me. I'll call her back later."

"Ok."

"Get dressed, baby. I'll pick you up after class, okay?", he puckered his lips and waited for a kiss.

"Okay.", I smiled and kissed him.

It saddens me every time we have to leave, but also makes me anxious to see him again.

While in class I couldn't stop thinking about him. Especially since he texted me...

"I had an amazing time with you. I can't wait to see you again. Wait for me outside your building and I'll pick you up and get something to eat. I love you, my queen"

I couldn't stop smiling like an idiot.

~

We went out for burgers and ice cream for dessert. While we're eating our ice creams, we sat down on a picnic table. We placed our phones on the table... "I barely have any charge left", I sighed.

"You can use mine if you want."

It makes me happy that we have this type of trust. He never uses my phone yet knows my password and can use it whenever he wants. I use his phone sometimes, but I never go through his stuff. I opened his Snapchat and took pictures of us. I sent them to my account and on his chats, I see a recent message. He noticed I saw.

"Oh, she's the one I was telling you about, the one who used to be my best friend."

That's your "best friend", huh?

I opened the conversation... Wait, what are you doing? Fuck it, if this bitch is hiding something from me I swear to God...

"What the hell is this?"

I saw a few saved messages... they've been flirting for weeks.

"What the fuck is this?, I yelled and nearly threw his phone at him.

"Baby, I can explain."

"Explain exactly what? I saw everything I need to see. You're disgusting. Fuck you."

I left the table and used the little bit of charge I have left to call my mom. My car being at home, since Liam offered to give me a ride to uni, I asked her if she could pick me up. He followed me and while I waited for my mom, he kept explaining how it was nothing and how he thought we wouldn't be together again and that's why he was talking with her.

"Bullshit."

I see my mom's car from the distance. He kept trying to explain to me that "it's not what it looks like", but I ignored him. Before getting in my mom's car, I told him to fuck off and leave me alone.

I'm so stupid, so naive. I can't believe this.

You're not even official...

But you're supposed to respect each other even in the talking phase, goddammit! That's how you go from talking to official.

I feel my blood boiling from anger, yet my heart is breaking into million s of pieces. I feel so betrayed. I feel like I fell on my face from the clouds he had sat me on.

I have the advantage of living close to the uni, so I stay at home with my mom. It's just the two of us since my parents divorced twelve years ago. My mom is more than just my mother, she's my best friend. And her knowing me too well she tried to get me to tell her what was wrong with her, but I lied and told her I was fine.

I got to my room and all I could think about was the texts I saw between them. I wanted to cry, but I couldn't manage a tear.

"You're a fucking idiot."

And I'm an even bigger idiot because a have my last class at 5:30 in an hour.

~

I couldn't concentrate in class either. Only this time I wasn't furious anymore, I felt broken.

There's this really sweet guy in my class who seemed to notice...

"Are you okay?", he whispered to me. I only nodded and smiled in response. He's the only person that talks to me in that class.

All I wanted was to get inside my car and cry for as long as I had to. After class, I was walking outside the building when I heard someone call out my name...

"Wait up!", Shawn smiled while jogging towards me.

"Jesus Christ, girl. You're fast.", he joked and I laughed.

"Hey, are you sure you're okay?"

"I'm positive.", I smiled.

"I'm not buying it. Look, you don't have to tell me. I mean, I get it. We barely know each other like that. I just want you to know that whatever you need, I'm here for you, okay?", he smiled and placed his hand on my shoulder.

"Thank you, Shawn. I appreciate it, really, but I'm fine. And you know that whatever you need, I'm here for you also."

"Let me give you a ride. I know your house is like two minutes away from my apartment. It's the least I can do right now."

For a second I forgot about all the pain I was in and I was lost in his brown eyes...

"It's fine, really. I'm driving my car today, so..."

"Maybe next time.", he winked and gave me a hug while saying goodbye.

I checked my phone and see I have a few very long texts from Liam. In that moment, I receive another text from him...

"I'm here. Please let me explain everything to you. Please..."

I locked my phone and was walking towards my car when I see his car parked right next to mine.

"You motherfucker"