Chapter 1

Freddie turned around to look at Roger with pride. "How is it? What vibe does it give off?" Roger looked at Freddie's new mustache and haircut. "Gayer." He said with complete honesty. Freddie sighed of disappointment, something he felt towards all his band members, especially Roger. "Not this!" He pointed at his face. "The house, you idiot. But I appreciate the compliment." He laughed. Roger looked at him once again, straight in the eye. "Yeah. Gayer." He nodded in approval to his own answer. Freddie shook his head. "Anyway, isn't it amazing? 3 stories. All the cats get their own room, Mary is right next door, and all the furniture mostly came from the castle of England! Touched by the queen herself." He kissed the air, as if he was giving one if his 10 cats a peck on the nose. "Apollo gets the room on the 2nd floor, Frank gets the one by the door. Hell, Delilah's room is bigger than the living room!" He said as Delilah brushed past him, hurrying to get to her food. Roger looked at Freddie. "I got to get home, Fred." Freddie looked up at him. "Stay! We can eat on the table, couch. The floor is even clean enough! Come on! We can invite Mary over and have a bit of fun! How does that sound, darling?" Said Freddie, sensing Roger's uncomfortable feeling. Roger looked at Freddie with pity. "I got to get home. Sorry. Wife..kids. They kinda need me." He saw Fred's smile fade. "Of course. Tell them all I said hi." Freddie said sadly. He pitied himself. He had Mary, he had Paul, he had his friends, he had 10 cats, why was he feeling lonely? Roger hugged him and left. Freddie stood there for a few seconds,thinking. He snapped his fingers. "That's it!" He picked up Delilah and nuzzled her. He held her under his arm like someone would a small dog. He rushed to the phone and dialed John.
"Yes, Freddie?" John said with tiredness in his voice.
"Were you sleeping?"
"Yeah."
"It's 4pm."
"No way."
"Check the clock, you idiot."
"I know what time it is, Freddie. I have sarcasm. I also have a cold."
"Darling, sleep is for the dead."
John sighed heavily. "What do you want?"
"I want a spark. I want something big." He smiled through the phone
"Like what?"
"A party that you'll never forgot."