Day two - Wind

Masamune x Mai

She piqued my interest since day one. Mai, the woman who suddenly appeared at Honno-ji temple where Lord Nobunaga was nearly killed. Heh, I sometimes wonder if some kind of higher deity really favors my ally lord for his uncanny luck.

She is a real beauty, but a scaredy-cats who seems to shrink in front of us, the commanders of armies, making her look too pure to belong in  this chaotic world. Hadn't our lord taken an interest in her, I would have snatched her away right then. Oh, but that doesn't mean I won't do it soon. When something caught my eye, I won't let that go.

My suspicions hit the mark when I accidentally heard that she claimed that she came from different era. The future. How absurd. I almost laughed it off but looking back to her unusual behaviors, I don't doubt she's telling the truth. And I always trust my guts. So in an attempt to satisfy my interest, I asked Lord Nobunaga for the duty of taking care of her. He saw through my intentions but granted my request anyway.

I approach her with the only method I know, a straightforward one, but maybe I involve my sword a bit too much. She frightened like a cornered kitten, but deep in those eyes I can see bravery lurking inside. Hah, I like this woman more and more.

So, after throwing some encouragement words I left her to her own devices. Oh how surprised I was when she didn't cower in the corner of her chamber, but opt to accompany us to subdue a skirmish. I instinctively hauled her up my mare and rode up at my speed, ignoring Hideyoshi's constant nagging.

A surprised squeak escaped her lips as we accelerated to the horizon, and I could see her eyes shut tightly.
"You can't enjoy life if you spend all your time hiding in fear, hiding your eyes", I murmured to her ear.

She opened her lids shyly at first, but the sight laid before us made her stare in astonishment. From the tugging of her lips and her sucking a breath, I concluded that she's not afraid anymore. The sight of her captivated me. The wind whipping her hairs in my direction, sending her sweet scent to my senses. I felt myself cracking a smile.

I have rode many times in my life, but never before the wind felt this nice. My guts say I made the right decision indulging her in my life. I'll enjoy my time with her.