New Start At LA

Beatriz P.O.V.

I wake up by the sound of my alarm buzzing. I press the snooze button and try to go back asleep but next thing I know my mother opens my door yelling, "Get up Sweetie! you don't wanna be late for your first day at school!" I groan as I get up with a lazy face. she looks at me and smiles. " You'll be fine sweetie. I know you will." Says her! she's not the one at a new school. I think in my head but all I do is get up and take a shower.

After me shower, I go to my room and try picking out a cute outfit. I decide to go with a white tee, jean shorts, white Nike's, and a camouflage colored jacket. Before I get dressed I brush my teeth and straighten my hair. As I get dressed, my little 6 year old brother, Adam, runs into my room. "Get out of here you annoying brat!" I yell at him. "Mommy! Beatriz is yelling at me!" he whines going downstairs. I roll my eyes shutting the door. I finish getting dressed and look in the mirror. I smile slightly and grab my backpack running downstairs. Mom has the breakfast table all with pancakes and so many more food I love. I look at her. "Thanks mom" I tell her as I sit down at the table beginning to eat pancakes. "You're welcome sweetie!" I finish breakfast and I grab my keys kissing my mother goodbye. "drive safely!" she yells as I walk out the door.

I drive to school and there is so many kids. I say to myself, "you're gonna be alright, Beatriz" I get out of my car, locking it. As I walk to the entrance of the school I find a guy is staring at me biting his lip. At first I felt weirded out. But then I saw how cute he was and I got paralyzed. We made I contact for a few seconds but one of friends his friends called his attention. "Mark! Yo, Mark!" he looks to his find and I quick snap at of it. Mark. Hmm that'll be a name I won't forget. But love at first sight? there is no such thing.