Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Closure is first

          THE afternoon sunlight was hitting us through the wide glass window of the coffee shop. I tightened the visor of my baseball cap when the door chimed signalling a new customer.

Iniluwa ng pinto ang isang lalaking mukha namang hindi nalalayo sa edad namin. He was tall and charming, alright. He have his brown hair, combed over. He was wearing a polo shirt and a dark cargo shorts. He's sporting a boy next door look literally as he stopped and his eyes roamed around the whole cafe.

"Is that him?"

Italy asked with her eyebrows furrowed while looking at what she's typing in her laptop.

"I guess." I sipped in my dark chocolate frappe. Tinignan ko na lang mula sa salamin ang repleksiyon niya.

When the boy found her, he hesitantly went to her and sitted in the seat infront. Their seat was adjacent to us. Samantha, my new customer have her back on us kaya nakaharap sa'min ang lalaki.

A perfect view to see everything.

"Pogi ba? Please tell me at least that he's worth all this."

Gil, besides Italy gave a low chuckle. "Kapag pogi okay lang, ganon?

Since we can't hear what they're talking about, we just waited for her. Gil's protruding eyes was looking at me the whole time. Inaabangan lang ang mga susunod kong gagawin. He then looked at his wristwatch.

Should I start looking?

Nakayuko ang lalaki habang nagsasalita ata sa si Samantha. He looked hurt and guilty when he looked at her but, that's all.

Mabilis lumipat ang tingin ko sa labas, sa mga naglalakad. Hindi kalayuan, I saw a mother holding the hands of her son. Tumigil sila at inayos ng Ina ang suot ng anak. There I saw the eyes of the mother turned like the color of the sunny sky.

The calmness of the natural color of blue depicts the natural feeling of affection towards your family. Like the mother towards her son.

I remember my Mom telling me that what I have is not a mental health problem unlike what the doctors say. This ability is a gift. I did what I could to understand how it works. Kahit mahirap mang paniwalaan at intindihin, the first step was to accept it.

There are a total of seven colors, each have their own corresponding meanings. Which the boy that Samantha loves doesn't have. Kahit isa, wala.

"This is so not worth it." I declared to them. Napailing na lang ako sa mga kaibigan at hindi na ulit tumingin sa gawi nila Samantha.

"Atleast, she got the closure she needs." Gil, always the optimist among my friends, said.

"Does closure really works? Ano, pag meron, mas madaling maka move on? Less ang sakit?"

Italy closed her laptop. Her chinky eyes rolled at Gil. She was sporting our classic look, the dark red lipstick and eyeliner makeup. Noong nag-aaral pa ako, I was also always seen wearing my dark makeup. Para nga daw kaming laging may gagawing masama kapag magkasama.

Today's different. I should look low-key. As much as possible, ayokong makakuha ng atensiyon. Not that I look really different without make up on.

Sasagot na sana si Gil nang lumapit si Samantha sa harap ng table namin. Tapos na silang mag-usap. I looked at the guy na tuloy-tuloy lang sa pag labas. Look at how easy he can walk away.

Her eyes look puffy and tired. Parang naiiyak siya pero pagod na din siya kaya ayaw na niya.

"Are you okay?" Gil offered her a seat and asked for water. Actually, namumutla nga siya pero binigyan niya lang kami ng ngiti.