1

"From the ashes we will rise." I think that from all the quotes that I've listenned, this is the most nobel one. I wish I had the change to known her. But if she wasn't dead, I would probably not even exist.
The brise of the wind remembers me the day when my brother was born. I had 2 years, but I still remember the screams that my mother had. It must be really scared for her. When he was born my father went to catch me at home and we and my "big sister" Madi went to my mother's side. Madi is with us since always. Basically, my mother raised her like if she was her own daughter.
Well, as I was saying...I mean...I just remember so well this story because my parents told us so many. When he was born I could realised that everyone in that room was something magical in the eyes. A shine. My mother introduced me to that little blonde creature that made me reminder immediately the sun. The same sun that I'm looking at. I get close to his ear and I said sky. For me that world was new. I couldn't speak very well at the time. I was just a kid. Madi says that everyone started to laugh. And then my father caught me on his lap and with a smile on his face he told me to say hello to my brother. "Hello, Jake."
Mom and dad love to tell us stories about our childhood. We have some funny stories. But, those are not the ones that I like most. During our childhood, mom, dad, Madi, Jordan told us many stories about their life before me and Jake existed.
It was so difficult for them to have a place on this planet. And the other before this. Many of those people not born in Sanctum as me and Jake and Jordan, too. But, Jordan was born in a spaceship, so it is a little bit different with him
Sanctum also known as Earth 2 orbit around two suns. That's cool , right? I almost have forgotten. Jordan was not the only one who was born in a spaceship. Mom and dad too. It was called "Arc" or "Arkadia". Their planet was extinct, at least it was what they thought (my ancessors) during 97 years.
97 yeasrs later, 100 of them, including my mom and dad...wait..."101 counting Bellamy" as my family says come to the ground to see if they could survive. They could, obviously, but they were not alone on earth. They found others like them. Maybe a little bit different. The 100 fought for their land. Of course, they had becoming more.
And once again, earth was in danger. They fought again years later. There was only one place on earth where they could survived. Valley. More sacrificies were made, including the lives of Jordan's parents. I really admire them. If it wasn't them no one could have the chance to survive and found their new planet.
My story starts here. We live on a land surrounder by sea. We know that are other civilizations out there. That's what the books say. No one from this island had the chance to get in contact with someone from another place. There are legends, myths, but no one still unveiled them.
I never get tired to listen the stories. They show us that nothing is perfect and how life can be amazing. And knowing that that those stories are true makes me do something important in this life. Live a mark. But, knowing that my family had an important role on this story is everything to believe in myself. Above all, I love when my mom tells the the stories about the Trikru people. There are my favourites.
They were under the ground so many years fighting for their survival with honor. It would be a privilege for me to be like them one day, specially like my favourite. We all have a favourite: Madi's favourite is Octavia, Jake is Monty and Jordan is Murphy. Mine was different and one of the strongest women ever. Her name was Lexa. She is the reason for I'm being so much in love with this stories and she is also the origin of my name.
Her character was so strongest and she was so fearless. She was like an ice barrer, but her heart melted when she met my mother.
Our parents gave us the names of someone's important to them. Jake has the name of our grandfather, our mother's father. She loved him a lot.
While my brother was his name granteed I hadn't. I only had my name one day after my birth. My mother wanted to call me the same name as my father's mother. He thought that was really beautiful. But, he knew how important was Lexa to my mom. So, he just came until her and suggested that name. He was looking at me with so many tears on his eyes and my mom always says to me that in that moment he realized that I would become a great warrior. That's why he suggested the name. But, my mom told him that it could be just one Lexa and with tears on her eyes too, both of them started looking at me holding my little hands and my father broke that silence with the world Lexie. And they were looking at each other smilling a lot.
My name is Lexie Griffin-Blake and I'm the daughter of Clarke Griffin and Bellamy Blake. My name honors one of the bravest warriors of Earth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Francisca Cabouco~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~