Zach Herron

When the two accidentally collide while skiing down a mountain

❄️

Destiny Phillips, an average girl in an average family with an average life, goes on a simple holiday vacation to the snow, but that one simple holiday vacation, can lead to so much more. Destiny stands at the top of the mountain of the black run, about to ski down this horrific track, praying she doesnt die. It was guaranteed 100% safe but Destiny being Destiny, did not believe a single bit of it but agreed on going by the persuading of her dad. Her dad had already skated down, 'demonstrating' how to ski down this mountain although after a few seconds, he was already out of sight.

Breath in. Breath out.

She told herself, looking down at the feathery white snow. She closed her eyes, feeling a blast of cold air in her face before deciding, she had to do it, either way, she had no choice. She snapped her eyes open and did a mini pray, nudging forward on her snow-board and whoosh. She was going head first through the intimidating track. Air punched at her face, leaving her skin red and numb, although she didnt care, she cared for her life at this current moment. Squinting her eyes, she made a target at a orange flag, hunching down and successfully keep her balance. She immediately stopped when she reached the flag, letting a breath of air out before smiling at herself. She had done it. Now just a little more. She was beyond confident at this point, being able to survive half a black run without falling flat on her face. Without even thinking, she zoomed down, rapidly looking for a target. Her eyes weren't in front of her, they were everywhere, looking for a flag or some sort of place to stop and take a breather. Shit i cant find one. She pursed her lips, her eyes snapping in front of her. There was a small bush that many of the skiers have already looped around, dodging it easily but Destiny had not focussed on what's in front of her. As she came closer and closer to the  bush, she panicked, doubting her ability to do this specific stunt but there was no other option or she'll be rolling into the bushes. She did a sharp turn, making her lose her balance. Just as she regained her balance, a voice called out at her.

"Watch out!" The voice screamed but it was far too late for that. Two bodies sprawled on the ground, covered in snow and sweat. a sharp pain stabbed into her leg, feeling unable to move at all.

"Ow" a male voice said as the body that had collided into her pick himself up. She couldnt tell what he looked like but his cheeks was so red, like so so red. she had never seen someone's cheeks be so red, even against the harsh winter winds. Destiny moved her body, taking her snowboards off and attempting to pull her leg out of the mound of snow. No luck. As she used one last yank, excruciating pain shot through her leg, making her shout out quietly in agony.

"You alright?' The stranger said, holding out a hand for her. Destiny shook her head, biting her lip to stop her from crying. She could have sworn she had broken something.

"I c-can't move" She stuttered, grabbing onto the man's hand and pulled her leg out slightly.

"I'll help you" he said, letting go of her hand and grabbing her under her shoulders, pulling her up. He set her down gently, wrapping an arm around her shoulder.

"How are we going to get down..." Destiny asked, limping around while clinging to the man's arm.

"Could you um...hold your snowboard and stand on mine, I'll make sure you wont tumble down" the man suggested, rubbing the back of his neck. (a/n this doesnt sound realistic but just go with it) Destiny blinked. Being that close with a stranger, am i really willing to do that? Destiny thought. There was no other way.