Bedtime Story

Once upon a time, there was a beautiful baby boy, born to a fairly rich family who wanted only a girl to marry the new prince, born to the king and queen. Now you may think that they were angry with the fates for giving them a baby boy instead of a girl, I mean they were but its not like other fairy tales where the parents abandon the baby or make them a servant in the house or something equally as ridiculous, no they raised the child as would any other family with love and a firm, but just hand. Many years passed and the child grew strong, fair and handsome. He grew up alongside the prince and couldn't help but notice (for this poor boy inherited his parents wish for their child to marry the prince) that the prince was athletic and gorgeous as could possibly be, so evidently it wasn't very shortly after that he noticed he was falling in love with the prince.

The prince was running through the woods William behind him laughing.

"James! Slow down, I can't very well tag you if I can't catch you" he called.

"Isn't that the whole point, you can't catch me!" James called back over his shoulder.

"You know I can catch you, but if you slow down I won't have to tackle you!" William called speeding up slightly.

"What if I want you to?" James said slowing the slightest bit. William overtook James pinning him to the forest floor.

"I told you I could catch you," he said panting to catch his breath.

"Only because I slowed for you, Will," James said panting beneath Will's weight. Suddenly Will got up looking away from the prince he had tackled.

"I'm sorry your highness, that was out of line," William said as he stuck out a hand to help James up.

"Why so formal Will? You rarely ever call me your highness, unless we're around others," James said as he took Will's offered hand and stood looking into his eyes.

"It's nothing your highness," he said looking away again, trying to hide his feelings.

"Will what's wrong?" he asked again taking Will's face in his hands and bringing it around to face him.

"It's nothing, James" Will said but still didn't look James in the eye.

"It's not nothing or you would be able to look at me. What is it?" James demanded.

"James please, I'll tell you later let's just continue our game." Will pleaded finally looking James in the eye.

"Ok, fine but you have to tell me," James said looking at Will and sweeping his curly brown hair out of his eyes.

"I will, eventually," he mumbled.

"What was that?" James asked.

"I said I will, eventually," Will said.

"Fine, you better start running or I'm gonna tag you," James said letting go of Will.

Will started running back towards the palace.

"No, let's continue away from home please!" James called after him.

"Arh, Fine!" Will said turning around and sprinting past James in the direction they had been going towards the river at the edge of the palace grounds. James ran after him shaking his head laughing.

"Alright, you little hooligans go to sleep," King James said to his and Will's triplet daughters, "I gave you your story now sleep."