Sofia's Extreme Secret

Sofia and Miranda got off of the flying carriage, continuing toward the Dunwuddie School for Extra Kids. They realized how sad it sounded, being called extra just because they had been raised differently.
But the new school was made especially for the children who had gone through tough challenges against real-deal bad guys.
So, to put it plainly, all of Sofia's friends.
Sofia blinked. She noticed the higher, cleaner, nicer-rate building and realized that it was because they all personally knew the Royals.
Miranda led her daughter to the entrance and was noticed by a guard.
"Halt! Stop right there!" He aimed a spear at them and instantly lowered it, seeing their royal crests. "Oh, sorry, Your Highness. I really should be more attentive."
She smiled and whispered in his ear. He went wide eyed and nodded, blushing like he had won an award, but the two maidens hurried on their way and entered the building.
The school motto hung above them inside:
Enter your wishes into your character and fall into the abyss of destiny.
Sofia looked at it sideways and wondered why that was the motto. It sounded almost... creepy.
Her amulet, sitting upon her chest, almost shivered. But when they entered their first stop, her worry and caution slipped away, seeing her two best friends sitting among the few students in the room.
The teacher, a stout little woman with her graybrown hair in a tight bun, finished what she was saying and immediately introduced the queen and princess. They both gave a little curtsy to the class and smiled as only the most caring royals ever could.
The class looked absolutely delighted to see them. One little boy in the back was snoring at the teacher and winking at Sofia. Sofia didn't know the boy, but found herself feeling more shy.
Miranda adressed the class.
"Alright, children, we are here to get to know you and personally answer any questions you may have," she summed up. Everyone instantly went forward and began to talk with their friends, while Ruby and Jade and the boy from earlier began to speak with Sofia. Miranda headed over to speak with the teacher and a few of the brave students.
The four began an awkward conversation.
"So," began Sofia, "what's your name?" She turned toward the boy.
He raised his chin a little and smiled. "My name is Maxwell," he continued as though he were king of the world, "I'm one of the kids that were hexed by Lucinda. I was also there at the event of the giant gingerbread house your sorcerer summoned."
Sofia raised her eyebrows and knew that he was the type that liked to show off when around new and important people. She noticed that his hair was a deep orange and had blue eyes that sparkled with mischeiviousness. He looked almost as if he could be a prince at he castle, but without the royal dress. He studied her as well, quickly remembered something.
He ran to three others in the room who looked much more shy but very outgoing in personality. One, a girl, had very long blonde hair and chocolate brown eyes. Another, this one a male, had neatly trimmed brown hair and greenblue eyes. Another, shorter, girl hid almost behind them, her most defining features a black braid down her shoulder and striking green eyes. Sofia didn't know why she was hiding, but soon her searching eyes found- or rather didn't find - half of her leg. The girl had only a thigh and a knotted pair of pants at the place her knee would have gone. Her cane was a glossy redwood stick.
Sofia thought she was beautiful either way. The leg would seem like a sign of weakness to most, but she saw the strength of this peculiar girl. She could mislead anyone into thinking she wasn't strong.
She was broken out of these thoughts by Maxwell again, bringing his group over to meet her.
He smiled, nudging his friends to smile as well. They all reluctantly grinned. "These are my friends! This is Leeya," he continued, gesturing to each of them in turn. Leeya was the blonde. "Samuel," he pointed to the boy, "and Cala. Well, that's not her real name, but we call her that because she doesn't like her first name."
Cala broke in. "It was my mom's name. My mother was dumb and cut off my leg because I had an infection there that didn't really do anything, just made me have a bit of a limp sometimes. She cut it off when I said I couldn't get the water from the well. She said I was already useless..." Cala took a breath. "and then she left me with my dad and one and a half legs."
Sofia didn't know what to say. But she liked this girl. She was strong and took responsibility. "What was her name..?" Sofia said carefully, not wanting to hurt her feelings.
"It was.. Nora."
Sofia cocked her head. "That's a nice name when you don't think about your mom!" She said brightly. Suddenly, her amulet glowed, signaling Sofia to go to the secret library.
And the four in front of her recognized it.